Related: Uncategorized

To receive urgent text message alerts from Trinity, text "trinitydcalerts" to phone number 555888. This service is used only for emergency and weather updates.

Student-Athlete Profile of the Week

Ellen Bethea

A native of New Haven, Connecticut, Ellen Bethea is a senior volleyball captain at Trinity.  As an Elementary Education major, Ellen has a GPA of 3.0.

1.        Who has been the biggest influence on your life?

My nieces and nephews have a huge influence on everything I do.  I strive to be better for them, and set a good example. Hopefully someday I might be an influence on their life as well.

2.       What is your favorite movie?

Ever since the movie Love and Basketball came out, I have watched it about every day.  I would say that has to make it my favorite movie.

3.       Do you have any hidden talents?

I have been dancing since I was three; I do ballet, jazz, tap, and hip-hop.  I also sing, although very few people know that.

4.       Who is your favorite teacher at Trinity?

Dr. Calderone, my department head (Elementary Education); she is always there to help me whenever I need it.  Her enthusiasm about teaching and elementary education inspires me to better myself and makes learning exciting.

5.       What is your favorite part of being a Trinity student-athlete?

I love that I am able to do well in my studies and also succeed on the court, being a student-athlete helps me to balance my schedule.   It’s also nice just knowing that people watch me on the court and remember me.  For example, I was walking down the hall the other day and someone said, “That’s number 15”, that made me smile.  It’s also nice to meet different people while traveling, and network with other athletes and coaches.

6.       Tell me something about yourself that now many people may know.

When I was younger I used to play on a boys tackle football team, my cousin and I were the only girls on the team.  I played until I was 12 and we even went to nationals!

7.       What did you want to be when you were growing up?

I have a lot of younger cousins and I used love pretending they were ill and taking care of them.  Since this was so fun to me, I used to imagine being a doctor.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.