Microsoft Office 2010
Information Technology Services is pleased to announce the general availabilty of Microsoft Office 2010 on campus computers. For more information about rollout of this software across campus, training or frequently asked questions, please review the information below.
- Spring 2013: General availability of Office 2010 on all classroom and lab computers. Early opt-in for staff and fulltime faculty is available; please contact Technology Services to schedule an upgrade.
- Summer 2013: Rollout to staff and faculty computers, completing the implementation of Office 2010.
Training will be offered by the Trinity Institute for staff and fulltime faculty. Announcements will be sent out via email and posted on the Trinity Institute website when they become available during the Spring ’13 semester.
Additional self-paced training topics are available online, free of charge, at the Microsoft Office training website. Below are select topics Technology Services recommend for review.
- Making the switch to Word 2010
- Create your first Word document, Part I
- Create your first Word document, part II
- Word 2010 tips and tricks
- Making the switch to Excel 2010
- How to create a basic chart in Excel 2010
- Using Excel tables to manage information
- Introduction to VLOOKUP
- Making the switch to PowerPoint 2010
- Charts and diagrams I: SmartArt graphics
- Charts and diagrams II: Data charts
- PowerPoiint 2010 tips and tricks
Q. Can I obtain Office 2010 for my personal computer?
Yes! Microsoft Office 2010 is available to staff, faculty and students’ personal computers at a discounted rate through our software licensing agreement with Microsoft. Simply visit the online software purchasing store.
Q. Will Office 2010 be able to open documents saved in prior versions of the Office suite?
Absolutely! Office 2010 is fully backwards compatible with all prior editions of the Office suite.
Q. I am a staff/faculty and would like to upgrade my campus computer with Office 2010 prior to Summer 2013. What should do?
Simply contact Technology Services and we will coordinate a date and time to deploy Office 2010 to your computer. The software upgrade will typically take between 20-40 minutes.