The Trinity Institute is a continuing education and professional development program that will give all of Trinity’s staff and faculty an opportunity to grow and develop, personally and professionally. It aims to encourage and support a dynamic learning and working environment that aligns with the Office of Human Resource’s (OHR) departmental objectives, which support the University’s overall strategic goals. In order to respond to the diverse needs of our students and community, the Trinity workforce must continually improve its knowledge, skills and abilities.
Trinity Institute Goals
- To encourage and reward a learning work environment
- To provide a structured method of professional development which will increase the knowledge, skills and abilities of employees through classroom instruction, seminars, workshops and web based modules.
- To improve customer service
- To increase employee retention
- To promote succession planning
Related Trinity Strategic Goals
- Goal 1: Enrollment Development
- Goal 5: Human Resource Development
- Goal 6: Management Capacity
- Goal 8: Service to Students and Community
- Goal 9: Quality, Outcomes and Key Performance Indicators
There are five targeted programs: Institute Essentials, Service/Professional, Team Leader/Supervisor, Management, and Executive. Each program includes courses specific to the job category, and will provide preparatory courses for the next job category.
Requirements: Each program course offers between one and three credits. All staff participants are expected to complete a minimum of 12 credits of Institute Essentials per calendar year, January to December. New employees are required to complete 15 Institute credits. The OHR will keep track of credits and will keep managers and staff informed. The annual performance evaluation will now include this factor.
Courses offered are designed for different categories of employees, i.e. Professional Staff, Supervisory Staff, Management and Senior/Executive Management. Faculty members who supervise others may be included in the supervisory, management or senior management staffs. Many courses are targeted for all populations and would be indicated as such. Mandatory courses will be noted.
- Institute Essentials – All employees must take the courses prescribed in Essentials. Orientation, Digital Literacy, Policy Training, Customer Service, Workplace Diversity, and Preventing Harassment are a few examples of courses included in Institute Essentials.
- Service/Professional – Targeted to Service and Professional Staff
- Team Leader/Supervisor – Targeted to team leaders and front-line supervisors
- Management – Targeted to middle to senior management.
- Executive – Targeted to senior executive staff only.