Summer project …

Hi everybody, and welcome to the writing center’s new faculty blog! It’s very much a work in progress, and I’m glad you’ve taken the time to stop by.

I’m going to use this space to foster discussion about ways we can encourage better writing from our students, even if we’re not teaching a “writing-intensive” course. This blog is for all Trinity faculty, full-time or adjunct, and I hope you will join me in developing it, both by contributing content and by sharing the blog with your colleagues.

Over the course of the summer, I will be adding (and linking to) content intended to help you integrate writing into your classes through unobtrusive, easy to grade assignments that will give your students a much better chance at succeeding with their end-of-semester essays. I would also like to use this space to discuss ways you already incorporate writing into your teaching.

Watch this space, and feel free to email me (swinneys@trinitydc.edu) to suggest ideas or offer comments. In the meantime, why not browse the writing center’s links or faculty page to find out more about services and resources available to you and your students?