Student Affairs at Trinity
Student Affairs is comprehensive and collaborative unit on campus that includes the following departments: Athletics; Campus Housing and Residence Life; Campus Ministry; Health and Wellness Center and Student Activities. Student Affairs encourages personal growth and enriches the quality of campus life through innovative student-centered services and programs that foster self-efficacy, leadership and integrity. Student Affairs strives to increase student retention, foster engagement and build community by empowering our students within an inclusive and supportive environment.
Student Affairs Goals
Goal 1: Enhance Student Engagement
- Establish the annual programming calendar by July to enable earlier promotion of activities and to increase collaboration amongst Student Affairs departments, with Student organizations and academic units.
- Improve marketing and fan development through halftime events, promotions and fan engagement ideas
- Enhance SAAC appearance and outreach on and off campus through marketing and cohosting events with other student organizations and the Special Olympics organization
- Establish Student Affairs sponsored events and programs to engage the campus community in a variety of topics, including Voter Registration, History Month Programming, Social Justice Advocacy
- Develop a program/curriculum for leadership development for student leaders, especially in regards to the leadership of CAS SGC and the CAA.
- Develop of new and interesting co-curricular programming across disciplines in partnership with student organizations and academic units.
Goal 2: Improve Retention
- In partnership with Facilities, increase attention to routine maintenance and upkeep of residence halls
- In partnership with Dining Services, develop strategies to improve the quality and variety of food offerings on campus
- Review visitation policies, residence hall staffing structures and programming models to improve student experience in the residence halls.
- Review structure and approach of student-athlete study hall, implement progress reports for student-athletes below 2.5 GPA and enhance Athletics staff interaction with advisors, and faculty to ensure that student-athletes are successful.
- Improve customer service in Health and Wellness Center (appointments, health forms and insurance) and Campus Housing (work orders, room assignments and building environment).
Goal 3: Promote Personal Growth and Wellness
- Improve efficacy of the Health and Wellness Center by digitizing all operations by the end of the 2018-2019 academic year.
- Implement fall workout programs for winter and spring athletes and winter workouts for spring athletes to maintain baseline conditioning, motivation and team bonding through the year.
- Implement end of year physicals for athletes to prepare student-athletes for preseason workouts
- Offer additional programs in conjunction with Trinity Center, Athletics, Health and Wellness and Dining Services that address student wellness needs and interests.
- Explore a partnership with non-profit and Capital Area food bank to provide students access to produce and other seasonal items to extend the food pantry