Trinity Celebrates Women and Girls in Sports, Thursday, February 1, 2018
Trinity’s Celebration of
Women and Girls in Sports
Thursday, February 1, 2018, 11:00 am
Trinity Center for Women and Girls in Sports
Hosted by President Pat McGuire
Guest Speaker: Maria Giovannetti, Assistant General Manager for the Washington Mystics, and Assistant Basketball coach at Trinity.
Washington area high school coaches, athletics directors, principals and other educators and regional partners are invited to join us for a dialogue on:
- Encouraging girls and young women in the Washington region to be scholar-athletes.
- Promoting a healthy balance of athletic activities and academic success.
- Collaborating and partnering to enhance athletics, sports, wellness and academic pathways for girls and women in our region.
Please invite an athlete to join you at this special luncheon.
Learn how Trinity, the Washington region’s only university with a distinctive focus on women’s education and leadership, fosters academic excellence for our athletes. Meet and network with other athletics and sports leaders in the Washington area and see the athletic facilities in the Trinity Center for Women and Girls in Sports.
Questions? Contact Amy Olson, Director of Athletics, 202-884-9083, OlsonA@trinitydc.edu
The Trinity Center for Women and Girls in Sports is the $20 million home to Trinity’s NCAA Division III athletic programs. It features:
- Basketball, volleyball and tennis courts
- Soccer field
- Brand-new strength and cardio equipment
- Six-lane swimming pool
- Aerobics studio and indoor walking track
In addition to its fantastic athletics facilities, Trinity offers brand-new learning environments equipped with the latest technology to support its student-athletes.
Just opened in fall 2016, the Payden Academic Center features state-of-the-art science and nursing laboratories and beautiful new learning spaces for all majors.