The TEAS Nursing Entrance Exam
One of the criteria for formal acceptance into the Nursing program is a successful completion of the Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS). The TEAS was designed to measure basic essential skills in the four academic subject areas of reading, mathematics, science, and English/language usage. These entry-level skills were deemed important for nursing program applicants by a panel of nursing program curriculum experts. The CAS General Education Requirements, as well as the pre-nursing courses, were designed to prepare students with the knowledge necessary for successful completion of the TEAS and entry into the Nursing program.
Registering and Preparing for the TEAS
Official TEAS results should be submitted with the formal application to the Nursing Program.
- Only Trinity students may take the TEAS at Trinity. When checking in at the time of the exam, students must present their Trinity student ID.
- Students must use their Trinity email address to create their account with ATI when registering for the exam.
- TEAS results are valid for one (1) year. Students must take the exam during the 12 months prior to the application deadline.
- After taking the TEAS, students may not take it again for at least 30 days.
- Students may take the TEAS up to three (3) times in a 12 month period.
Registration for the TEAS is conducted through an on-line registration system. Students register through ATI’s website. Before registering for an exam date, students must create an ATI account. Students should select “Trinity Washington University” as their institution in their ATI account profile and should use their Trinity email address. After creating an ATI account, students can register for an exam date by going to ATI’s online store, selecting “Register for TEAS,” and following the directions to choose “Trinity Washington University” as the designated testing center. Be sure to register no later than 2 (two) days before your planned TEAS exam date. If Trinity’s TEAS dates are not convenient, students may opt to take the exam at a PSI testing center by following the instructions above to create an ATI account and then selecting “Register for TEAS at PSI” in ATI’s online store. Please note that the cost to take the exam at a PSI testing center is higher.
We strongly recommend that students purchase the TEAS Study Manual to familiarize themselves with the contents of the exam. You can purchase the Study Manual as well as online practice assessments on ATI’s website. The Study Manual is also on reserve in the library (available for temporary checkout while in library).
Before you make arrangements to take the TEAS, please take some time to review the criteria for formal acceptance into the Nursing program, as well as read the acceptance criteria for your Nursing program in the Academic Catalog:
Nursing Application Deadlines
October 1 – Deadline for submission of Nursing Program Application Packet for Spring admission
February 1 – Deadline for submission of Nursing Program Application Packet for Fall admission
- Students will be notified of their acceptance to the Nursing program by the Nursing program Director when all criteria for considering the application have been received and evaluated.
- Please direct your questions to the Nursing program Office (202-884-9670).
Upcoming TEAS Dates
Friday, January 24, 2020 – 9:00 AM-1:00 PM – Payden Academic Center 222
Saturday, January 25, 2020 – 9:00 AM-1:00 PM – Payden Academic Center 222