Choose Your Own Topics: Moodle & Instructional Technologies Training [BYOD]
Take the time to drop-in on a Moodle & Instructional Technologies session. Choose the topics YOU want to cover! Bring your own device (BYOD) to the new Technology Services Conference Room (AC 122F) in the Payden Academic Center. If you can’t make it to the new Academic Center, take one of the online sessions!
We will be offer eight 90-minute sessions: 5 in-person sessions & 3 online sessions. Bring your own laptop or tablet (BYOD)!
These sessions will be held in the Technology Services Conference Room, on the first floor of the new Payden Academic Center, Room 122F. RSVP now!
Drop by, grab a snack & a beverage, and get your Moodle and Instructional Technologies questions answered!
You select the topics you would like to cover when you RSVP. As topics are requested, those details will be added below.
Join us and learn how to use Moodle 2.9 to:
- Build activities with multimedia aspects by using the PoodLL options.
- Create individual journal assignments using the forum activity with auto-created groups.
- Drag-and-drop files on to the course page. Drag-and-drop images in any HTML editor window.
- Develop a marking guide with frequently used comments to speed up grading.
- Insert a grading rubric into an assignment activity for ease of grading.
- Generate exams with multiple question types.
- View grades for a single student or single grade item. Adjust your gradebook aggregation.
- Offer online, self-directed lessons with embedded, required questions.
- Enhance your course with multimedia, yours or other resources from the internet.
- Access your previous course evaluations, and encourage greater response rates from your students.
Plus explore the many other wonderful instructional technologies at Trinity. Learn how to:
- Display your iPad or other Apple device on the main screen of your classroom. (AirPlay)
- Send & receive files that larger than the 64MB Moodle limit. (Large File Transfer service)
- Create synchronous, remote sessions. (Skype for Business)
Schedule & RSVP
- Monday, August 15, 2016, 11:00AM – 12:30PM – AC 122F
- Monday, August 15, 2016, 3:00PM – 4:30PM – AC 122F
- Monday, August 15, 2016, 4:30PM – 6:00PM – AC 122F
- Wednesday, August 17, 2016, 5:30PM – 7:00PM – online – get access information here!
- Thursday, August 18, 2016, 11:30AM – 1:00PM – online – get access information here!
- Thursday, August 18, 2016, 1:45PM – 3:15PM – AC 122F
- Friday, August 19, 2016, 10:30AM – 12:00PM – online – get access information here!
- Friday, August 19, 2016, 12:30PM – 2:00PM – AC 122F
Don’t forget to bring your own laptop or tablet!