Each week or topic, including the top or “general” area, has a summary. This is where information like your topic title or weekly goals could go. By default, the weekly topics display the date range for that week.
To add text to a weekly or topic section summary, follow the steps below.
Note: you can click on any image to view a larger version of the image.
- Login to Moodle. Click on the course to which you wish to add the weekly text.
- Click the gray editing gear in the upper right corner to get the administrative options.
- From the drop-down menu, choose the ‘Turn editing on’ option.
- When you turn on the editing, you should see ‘Edit’ drop-down menus in the upper right corners of each section/week/topic. Click on the ‘Edit’ drop-down, and choose to edit the section/week/topic.
- You will be brought to the page where you can edit the week’s text. This area with the buttons that are similar to Microsoft Word is the WYSWIG Editor. WYSIWYG stands for “What You See Is What You Get.” Here you can format your text to your liking without having to know HTML.
- To change from the default ‘Section name’ value, uncheck the box next to the currently grayed out field. Circled in image below.
- To expand your editing options, click on the first icon in the HTML editor. Circled in image below.
- Add your text and style as you wish.
- Click the ‘Save changes’ button.
- You will be brought back to the main page for your course. Your text will be displayed at the top of the page now.
- If you want to make changes to the ‘Section name,’ you can do that directly on the main page of the course (when the editing is turned on). Click the gray pencil to the right of the ‘Section name.’
- Make your changes and click ‘enter’ to save the changes.