[Faculty Fast FAQ]
Here are two quick videos on the Moodle 2.9 process of setting up class attendance and taking class attendance.
- Fast FAQ Video Transcript (Microsoft Word format): Setting Up Class Attendance
- Fast FAQ Video Transcript (Microsoft Word format): Taking Class Attendance
- Same Topic with Screenshots and Written Text
- English CC Available on Videos
Setting Up Class Attendance
Taking Class Attendance
Automatic Grading of Attendance Sessions
Moodle allots each attendance session two points, broken down as such:
- Present – 2 points out of 2 points possible
- Late – 1 point out of 2
- Excused – 1 out of 2
- Absent – 0 out of 2
If you have 16 attendance sessions, and student A has an attendance record of 13 P, 1 L, and 2 A, they would have earned 27 out of 32 points which is an 84.375 (27/32). That 84.375 is the grade that Moodle would put in the gradebook for the Daily Attendance activity, if you had told Moodle that the attendance activity was worth 100.