As a Teacher for a course, you can now provide any Moodle user access to your course as a Guest Teacher (ability to import and reuse resources) as well as a Non-editing Teacher (course viewing privileges only).
To enroll users in a course where you are an instructor, follow these steps below.
Note: you can click on any image to view a larger version of the image.
- Login to Moodle and click on the course to which you wish to provide access.
- From the main page of your course, look in your left column (with the purple background). If you do not see your left column, click on the menu icon in the upper left corner (with the three gray lines) to expand the column.
- Once the left column is visible, click on the “Participants” option.
- From the “Participants” page, click on the gray ‘edit’ gear wheel in the upper right corner of the main section.
- Select the “Enrolled users” option from the drop-down menu that appears.
- From the “Enrolled users” screen, click on the “Enroll users” (or “Enrol users”) button in the upper right.
- In the window that pops up, make sure to select the role you wish to assign the users. (It’s ‘Student’ by default.) As mentioned previously, you can provide access by enrolling the individual as a Guest Teacher (ability to import and reuse resources) or as a Non-editing Teacher (course viewing privileges only).
- Then, in the “Search” box, type the name of the individual you wish to enroll in this resource course, and click the “Search” button. NOTE: If the name is not appearing, try only the instructor’s first or last name, whichever is more unique or whichever one you are confident you are spelling correctly!
- Locate the user you wished to enroll.
- On the right side of the screen, just over from their name, there is an “Enroll” (or “Enrol”) button. Click the “Enroll” button next to their name.
- At this point, the button will disappear and their name will be indented. This is how you know that you have successfully enrolled someone.
- When you are done adding users to your course, click the “Finish enrolling users” button.
- NOTE: If you cannot find someone in this window, it is possible that they are already enrolled in the course. in this case, from the “Enrolled users” page, enter their name in the “Search” box and then click the “Filter” button. This will show you if they are already enrolled in the course.