The University requires that you complete class attendance through the Moodle Attendance activity. The system will pre-populate the Moodle attendance activity shell, but you, as the faculty member, will need to indicate when your course meets.
Faculty members must track attendance for ALL courses, including internships, independent studies, sports teams, and other similar courses which may not have standard meeting times. If you have a TBA “meeting time” course such as this, you must still take attendance AT LEAST ONCE within the first two weeks of class for enrollment reporting purposes.
To do this, follow the instructions below.
Note: you can click on any image to view a larger version of the image.
- From the main page of your course in Moodle, click on the pre-loaded Attendance activity. This activity should be located near the “Announcements” forum in the first ‘General’ section of your course.
- From within the Attendance activity, click on the second tab, titled, “Add session.”
- On the “Add session” page, under the “Add session” heading:
- Scroll down and click the “Add” button to create your class sessions.
- The system will create the session and return you back to the main attendance activity page.
- Click on the black ‘play’ arrow in the “Actions” column to take attendance. (Once taken, if you need to update the attendance, the arrow will be a green curved arrow.)
- Then mark the students either ‘P’ for attending the internship, independent study, practicum, sports team, etc., and ‘A’ for not attending the course.
- You can also add in information in the remarks field, if you want. When you are done indicating the attendance, click the “Save attendance” button.
- Attendance syncs between Moodle and the Enrollment Services database overnight.