As a Teacher for a course, you can now provide any Moodle user access to your course as a Guest Teacher (ability to import and reuse resources) as well as a Non-editing Teacher (course viewing privileges only).
To enroll users in a course where you are an instructor, follow these steps below.
Note: you can click on any image to view a larger version of the image.
- Login to Moodle and enter the course to which you wish to allow access.
- On the main page for your course, click on the ‘Edit’ gear in the upper right, just to the right of the title of course.
- This will drop down an number of course administration options. Scroll down to the bottom of the list and click on the “More…” option.
- On the “Course administration” page, click on the “Users” tab at the top.
- Under the “Users” tab, click on the “Enrolled users” link.
- From the “Enrolled users” screen, click on the “Enroll users” (or “Enrol users”) button in the upper right.
- In the window that pops up, choose the role you wish to assign them from the drop-down menu at the top. As mentioned previously, you can provide access by enrolling the individual as a Guest Teacher (ability to import and reuse resources) or as a Non-editing Teacher (course viewing privileges only).
- In the “Search” box, type the name of the individual you wish to allow to access your course, and click the “Search” button. NOTE: If the name is not appearing, try only the instructor’s first or last name, whichever is more unique or whichever one you are confident you are spelling correctly!
Locate the user you wished to enroll. On the right side of the screen, just over from their name, there is an “Enroll” (or “Enrol”) button.
- Click the “Enroll” button next to their name. At this point, the button will disappear and their name will be indented. This is how you know that you have successfully enrolled someone.
When you are done adding users to your course, click the “Finish enrolling users” button.
- NOTE: If you cannot find someone in this window, it is possible that they are already enrolled in the course. in this case, from the “Enrolled users” page, enter their name in the “Search” box and then click the “Filter” button. This will show you if they are already enrolled in the course.