All courses are loaded into Moodle as unavailable to students. As long as the instructor has access to the course, the instructor has the ability make the course available to students at any point.
If you would like to make your course visible to students in Moodle now, simply follow these steps.
Note: you can click on any image to view a larger version of the image.
- Login to Moodle.
- You can locate your courses* in three places on the Moodle homepage:
- In the expandable and collapsible left navigation section with the purple background
- In your “My Courses” list at the bottom of the main section, under the “Search courses” box
- In your “My Courses” block in the right column under the “Main Menu” block
*If you are a Department Chair or Dean, you can access those courses through the “Search courses” box in the center of the main page. You will not see them listed in your “My Courses” list
- Click on the course you wish to make available to students. Courses unavailable to students are grayed out, while the available courses are purple. All courses are loaded into Moodle unavailable to students.
- On the main page of your course, look for the ‘Edit’ icon to the right of the name of the course. It looks like a gray gear with a small arrow pointed down just to the right of the gear.
- Click on the gear to drop-down the administration settings.
- Select the first “Edit settings” option.
- On the “Edit Course Settings” page, look in the first section labelled “General.” The third item down is the “Visible” setting.
- Change the “Visible” option from “Hide” to “Show.”
- Scroll down to the bottom of the “Course Settings” page. Click the “Save and display” button.