Secure Access is an online portal that allows secure, remote connectivity to Trinity’s network. Using just a web browser, you may access protected resources such as department files, Citrix Apps and more. This service is available only to full-time faculty and administrative staff. As of March 26, Secure Access will require dual factor authentication via Duo. Learn about Duo.
To access this portal, direct your web browser to https://sslvpn.trinitydc.edu after obtaining approval, verifying software requirements and reviewing your Java’s security.
Approval must be obtained from the department manager or dean. Final approval is required by Information Technology Services’ CTO. Complete the Secure Access Request Form to start the necessary approval process.
The following computing platforms are compatible with Secure Access. This list will be updated continuously as more operating systems and web browsers are evaluated in the future.
- Operating Systems
- Windows 7 and above
- OS X 10.8 or greater
- Web Browsers
- Internet Explorer, Chrome or Firefox on Windows, or Safari on OS X
- Most major antivirus software (Microsoft, AVG, Symantec, etc.) with recent definitions and real-time protection enabled. We do not recommend McAfee AntiVirus due to periodic compatibility issues. If you have Windows 10, Technology Services recommends using its built-in antivirus capabilities.
- Most major firewall software (Microsoft, OS X, Norton, etc.).
- Confirm you have obtained approval for VPN and you have enrolled in Duo.
- Navigate to https://sslvpn.trinitydc.edu. First time users may receive a message indicating that an application launcher needs to be installed. Download and install it.
- Secure Access will then attempt to assess your computer’s security. If your computer’s security passes, the Secure Access login will finally appear.
- Log in with your Trinity username & password.
- After logging in, select your dual factor authentication method if you have already enrolled in Duo. If you haven’t enrolled into Duo, follow the on-screen steps to enroll or review instructions.
- Click on Citrix Apps to be taken to the Citrix StoreFront portal where you will see all currently available apps.
- Click on the app you wish to launch. Web browsers may block pop-ups which preventing successful launch.
- The application will load in a few moments.
- Your computer’s security is unsatisfactory.
- Your computer must have antivirus and firewall enabled. Review the system requirements.
- Host Checker did not get installed properly.
- Review the system requirements.
- You are not allowed to sign in. Please contact your administrator.
- You will need to obtain approval prior to logging into Secure Access.
- Citrix applications do not load successfully.
- Your web browser might be configured with a pop-up blocker. See your browser’s support page for more information on allowing pop-ups from sslvpn.trinitydc.edu.