Job Title: CMN Intern
Hours: M-F 9am – 5pm Location: 415 Michigan Ave., NE Suite 210
CMN seeks to provide and enriching internship experience and acknowledges the skills and interests of each individual intern as well as the needs of our organization. Interning at CMN is a chance to be part of the Catholic movement to end the use of the death penalty and promote restorative justice in the U.S. the internship provides a hands-on, nonprofit experience and the opportunity to build practical and research skills.
Description of Duties:
Generally, intern duties fall into one or more if the following categories:
- Research and write about issues related to the death penalty and restorative justice
- Assist in producing CMN/s monthly newsletter
- Assist in social media outreach efforts
- Update CMN database and learn the basics of the website and fundraising software tools
- Update and assist with website content and materials
- Assist with conferences, resource development and material creation
- Work with any staff member as needed on a variety of projects but primarily with the Director of Communications
Many of this position’s responsibilities focus on communications work (social Media, Website, etc.), but flexibility exists for the exact skills and interests of the individual. Opportunities for graphic design and writing exist, and CMN does its best to give each intern one larger programmatic effort that s/he can oversee for the entire semester.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with Google Drive and Microsoft office suite
- Comfort communicating by phone and email
- Proficiency with multiple social media platforms
- Ability to learn how to use client relationship management databases (e.g. SalsaLabs)
- Familiarity with website design and editing
- Strong research skills
- Familiarity with or openness to learning more about Catholic social justice teachings and issues
To learn more about the work of Catholic Mobilizing Network, please visit www.catholicsmobilizing.org
TO APPLY, Email your resume and the hours that you will be available to work in addition to your selected major to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Trinity Washington University is dedicated to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its students, faculty and staff. Trinity is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive community and strongly encourages all qualified individuals to apply.