Trinity Washington University, located in Washington, D.C., is seeking a Helpdesk Technician to provide technical support for the university’s students, faculty, and staff. The Helpdesk Technician will report to the Chief Technology Officer for daily task, project assignments, and personnel needs. Primary responsibilities include:
- Resolving end-user phone, walk-in and field support requests with a high degree of customer satisfaction.
- Demonstrate the ability to achieve successful outcomes in handling difficult situations and customers.
- Prioritizing assigned tasks efficiently with minimal supervision.
- Support student, faculty, and staff requesting help with computers, network, software applications, phones, printers, scanners, audio/visual equipment and all IT service and support issues.
- Proactively maintain lab and classroom technology to prevent service disruption.
- Executing the successful completion of moves, set ups and account maintenance.
- Ensuring compliance with major IT operational processes, policies, and procedures in support of IT standard practices.
- Participating in the execution of institutional initiatives, projects, and application and hardware lifecycle refreshes.
- Other job-related duties as assigned.
The hours for this position are 8AM to 5PM, Tuesday through Saturday.
- Candidates with the Associate’s and/or Bachelor’s degree will be considered first
- A+ and Network+ desirable
- 1-3+ years experience with user support in a progressively dynamic IT field.
- Excellent customer service oriented skills.
- Prior experience with classroom technologies in higher education is desirable.
- Must be able to demonstrate a strong understanding and working knowledge of computer hardware fundamentals, including desktops, notebooks, projectors, printers and other peripherals.
- Must have excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills, specifically with Microsoft desktop operating systems Windows 7, 10, Mac OS X and application suites Office 2013-2016, Smart Technologies, antivirus, wireless, firewall configuration and desktop imaging.
- Must be able to perform Active Directory account maintenance.
- Experience with ticket management systems and escalation.
- Experience troubleshooting mobile devices is a plus (Android, iPad, iPhone, etc.).
- May be required to lift computer equipment up to 25lbs
- Bilingual English and Spanish proficiency desirable
Please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please reference “Helpdesk Technician” in the subject line.
Trinity Washington University is committed to providing equal employment opportunity in the workplace without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, and all other categories governed by the laws of the United States and the District of Columbia. Trinity does not engage in discrimination on the basis of any personal characteristics defined by law as prohibited classifications.