Trinity in Washington, a comprehensive university in the nation’s capitol, seeks a Part Time Nurse Practitioner for their Health and Wellness Department. This position is a temporary contract opportunity that will commence August 1st through the first week in October of 2017.
Historically known as Trinity College, Trinity today is a small university with 2,700 students enrolled in four academic units, including more than 1,000 students in the full-time daytime undergraduate women’s college, and three coeducational professional schools offering a range of undergraduate and graduate degrees in evening, weekend and online formats. Nearly 80% of Trinity’s students reside in the Washington, D.C. region, and about 90% are African American and Hispanic
POSITION OVERVIEW: The Health and Wellness Center supports the academic mission of Trinity by providing professional health and wellness services to Trinity Washington University students. The Part Time Nurse Practitioner assists the Director, who is also a Nurse Practitioner, with providing health services to students.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- A master’s degree is required. Washington, D.C. Nurse Practitioner license and DC prescriptive privileges are required. Maintenance of CEU’s is required.
- English and Spanish proficiency is desirable
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Demonstrate understanding of college women student health and wellness needs
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work in diverse community respectfully with staff and students
- Able to demonstrate leadership
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment
SPECIAL LICENSES, REGISTRATION OR CERTIFICATION:
Nurse Practitioner licensed in Washington DC; Board Certified; BLS certified; Malpractice insurance; DEA license
LEVEL & TYPE OF EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of 6 months of clinical practice in ambulatory care setting
- Interest in women’s health issues and mental health
- Experience working with a diverse population of college women
- 20 hours per week ideally scheduled on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday between 9:00 am – 5:00pm (One hour unpaid lunch daily)
PART III: DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES AND TASKS:
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES (Functions and Tasks):
- Assist the clinical staff in the examination and treatment of routine primary care and women’s health services for enrolled students
- Assist with the arrangement for off-campus referrals for students who need to be evaluated by a physician or specialist
- Work independently from standing orders
- Order appropriate lab studies in accordance with protocols.
- Respond to medical emergencies as needed
- Comply with confidentiality requirements as set by HIPAA, FERPA, federal, state and local regulation
- Assist in audit procedure to ensure quality of record keeping and patient services
- Collaborate with Director of Health and Wellness Center to develop and implement programs for awareness weeks and other targeted topic
- Assist the Director in coordinating the annual health fair and regular activities promoting wellness
Interested candidates should submit their cover letter and resume to email@example.com Please reference “Temporary Part Time NP- Temporary” in the subject line.
Trinity Washington University is dedicated to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its students, faculty and staff. Trinity is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive community and strongly encourages all qualified individuals to apply.