Mission Promotion Intern
The United States Catholic Mission Association (USCMA) seeks interns for our office in Washington, DC. USCMA is a non-profit organization, membership association of mission-sending and mission-minded organizations and individuals. USCMA provides a forum in which people with a variety of experiences in mission can welcome, celebrate faith, inspire, educate and challenge one another to continue growing in our efforts to further the mission of Jesus. USCMA is located nearby Trinity at 415 Michigan Avenue, NE, Suite 102, Washington, DC 20017.
The ideal candidate should be proficient in the use of computers and the internet and social media tools, have strong verbal and written skills, and a positive attitude. A familiarity with the Catholic Church’s teachings, structures, and organizations is preferred. Mission and/or service experience is a plus.
Description of Duties:
- Gather Mission related news stories and Missioner/Sending Organization activities for USCMA publications and assist in entering the responses for the Missioner Survey.
- Assist with the “Mission Stories Project” and the “Faces in Mission Project” – both projects help to spread a greater understanding of Mission to our members, friends and guests.
- Take part in the planning and execution of our Mission Conference (October 28-30, 2016).
- other areas of responsibility will include, but not limited to:
- Collaborating in the creation and production of conferences and events.
- assisting in the development of print and online publications and media.
- Assisting in the day operations of the office, including mailing, answering telephones, etc.
Flexible hours based on your academic schedule during regular USMA’s business hours (Monday – Friday, 9:00am-5:00pm). The only exception to this general rule takes place during our Mission Conference, should you be able to join us.
TO APPLY, email your resume and the hours that you will be available to work in addition to your selected major to email@example.com.
Trinity Washington University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Access/Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its students, faculty and staff. Trinity is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive community and strongly encourages all qualified individuals to apply.