FAN’s Internship Program is a 2-4 month educational and professional development experience that introduces you to faith-rooted advocacy, community organizing and church engagement. You will learn about the role of faith in public life, and how we use advocacy and activism to translate Catholic Social Teaching principles into action. Based at the Franciscan Monastery, you will be welcomed into the family of Franciscans and Franciscan-hearted people.
As an intern, you will receive close mentorship from FAN staff and work in one or more of the following areas: Climate Justice, Money-in-Politics, Immigration, and Peacemaking. While the nature of the work means that each day could be different, you will have the opportunity to develop skills in coalition-building, public speaking, legislative research, community outreach, curriculum development and social media. Interns should expect to attend occasional events outside of normal working hours.
FAN is a grassroots organization amplifying the justice efforts of Franciscans and Franciscan-hearted people around the country.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
- Maintain membership database and assist with correspondence with financial supporters
- Prepare research summaries of current political policy
- Administer and update Social Media outlets (Facebook, Twitter, website, etc.)
- Provide support or take detailed notes on legislative visits or other professional gatherings.
- Relevant coursework or work experience
- Flexible and adaptable
- High level of independence and initiative
- Planning and organization
- Ability to communicate and build relationships
- Ability to work with numerous agendas and multiple stakeholders
- Strong computer skills
- Interest and basic knowledge of the Catholic Church and Franciscan family
The FAN is located directly behind Trinity at 1400 Quincy St., NE, Washington, DC 20017
Map Buses: 80 or H6
TO APPLY, email your resume and the hours that you will be available to work in addition to your selected major to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Trinity Washington University is dedicated to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its students, faculty and staff. Trinity is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive community and strongly encourages all qualified individuals to apply.