Director of Athletics
Trinity, a comprehensive university in the nation’s capital, seeks an energetic and visionary Director of Athletics. The Director of Athletics is the chief administrator of all current and future athletic program initiatives, and provides leadership for the development, organization and supervision of the intercollegiate athletic programs and intramural programs. The director will develop and manage athletic summer camps, similar programs, and collaborations. Having a thorough knowledge of NCAA Division III intercollegiate sports programs, the director will be responsible for compliance with NCAA, conference, and institutional regulations and policies. The director will provide leadership and create a motivating environment for Trinity’s predominately African American and Hispanic women athletes towards success in their chosen sport and academically.
The Director of Athletics reports directly to the Vice President for Student Affairs, and manages one full-time Athletic Trainer, Athletics Coordinator, several part-time coaches and student workers for various athletic sports. Additionally, the director works closely with the Office of Admissions in identifying new athletes.
- Master’s degree in Athletic Administration, Sports Management, Physical Education or a related field plus five (5) years of relevant experience in a college athletic department is required.
- A valid driver’s license, clean driving record, along with CPR and First Aid certifications are a must.
- Thorough knowledge of NCAA – Division III intercollegiate athletic programs.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and experience in managing student-athletes from underrepresented populations.
- Working knowledge and experience in managing contracts for games and officials.
- Be able to represent Trinity at conferences and NCAA meetings.
Candidates should submit a cover letter addressing the expectations stated in this position announcement, along with a current curriculum vitae.
Submit credentials to email@example.com . Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until an appointment is made. Please include the title of the position “Director of Athletics” in the subject line.
Trinity Washington University is committed to providing equal employment opportunity in the workplace without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, and all other categories governed by the laws of the United States and the District of Columbia. Trinity does not engage in discrimination on the basis of any personal characteristics defined by law as prohibited classifications.