Trinity, a comprehensive university in the nation’s capital, seeks a forward thinking, strategic and visionary Director for its off-campus location, east of the Anacostia River. Trinity at THEARC provides continuing education programs, college-level courses and other educational services at THEARC in Southeast Washington, D.C. Currently, Trinity at THEARC is offering the associate of arts in general studies.
The Director of Trinity at THEARC reports directly to the Executive Dean of the School of Professional Studies (SPS) and the School of Business and Graduate Studies (BGS), and works closely with the Provost’s Office to oversee the management of the associate degree program at THEARC. Additionally, the Director works closely with Admissions in identifying new students for the Associate Degree program and with the staff of the School of Professional Studies, and other offices on the main campus, to provide student support and academic advising to the students. It is important to note that this position involves substantial travel between the main campus and THEARC, and currently has its principal office on the main campus.
Working closely with executive administration, support any expansion of the degree programs and create academic community outreach programs for THEARC.
- Manage course development for the AA program
- Identify other program opportunities
- Administer course scheduling
- Provide academic advising services to students
- With the Dean, participate in staffing courses
- Develop, implement and maintain a system of curricular evaluation and academic assessment for the Associate Degree program
- Produce reports on the retention, graduation, and persistence rates of students at THEARC
- Maintain equipment at THEARC and manage the Trinity classroom space on site
- Recommend and implement policies and procedures pertaining to academic and student services relative to the Associate Degree programs
- Oversees academic support linkages for the Associate Degree students
Doctorate preferred; Master’s degree required, along with five years of progressively responsible professional-level background in a relevant setting with experience in associate degree, continuing education or professional studies programs at the collegiate level is required. Teaching and advising experience is preferable. High energy, planning and implementation, organizational, interpersonal, verbal and written skills, as well as an exceptional ability to promote and engage in teamwork, are essential.
Candidates should submit a cover letter addressing the expectations stated in this position announcement, along with a current curriculum vitae.
Submit credentials to email@example.com . Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until an appointment is made. Please include the title of the position “Director of Trinity at THE ARC” in the subject line.
Trinity Washington University is committed to providing equal employment opportunity in the workplace without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, and all other categories governed by the laws of the United States and the District of Columbia. Trinity does not engage in discrimination on the basis of any personal characteristics defined by law as prohibited classifications.