Admissions Support/Front Desk Assistant
Trinity, a comprehensive university in Washington, D.C. has an immediate opening for an experienced administrative professional. The Admissions Support/Front Desk Assistant assists the Directors of Admission in the execution of all admissions functions. Serving primarily as the front- line communication specialist in the Office of Admissions, the incumbent will:
- Greet all visitors in a professional, pleasant and efficient manner.
- Manage phone and email inquiries.
- Schedule and confirm prospective student appointments, including open houses and group visits.
- Maintain the physical appearance of the reception area.
- Maintain office procedure manual and provide staff with updates as they occur.
- Relay admission and financial aid procedures and information to inquires and applicants.
- Provide reports as needed and requested.
- Assist with data entry and letter generation as needed and requested.
- Maintain office inventory and supplies, including information packets and sheets for inquiries and applicants.
- Posting Admissions events and news to social media channels
- Sending emails using different email services
- Arrange and coordinate group tours
- Process incoming mail by dating and distributing accordingly.
- Maintain and distribute incoming faxes and admissions general email.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Ideal candidates will have the ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment. An employee must be able to work efficiently with many interruptions involving walk-in and telephone inquiries and requests. Desired skills & qualities include:
- Four or more years of administrative experience, including office support.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Solid computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite, and ability to learn to use the student information system.
- Proven record of exceptional customer service.
- Highly motivated and detail-oriented.
- English/Spanish bi-lingual is desireable
The position is available immediately and will remain open until filled. Candidates should submit credentials to: firstname.lastname@example.org please include “Admissions Support/Front Desk Assistant” in the subject line.
Trinity is dedicated to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its students, faculty, and staff. Trinity is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive community and strongly encourages all qualified individuals to apply.