Masters in Occupational Therapy Academic Fieldwork Coordinator
Trinity Washington University, a comprehensive university in Washington, DC, seeks an Academic Fieldwork Coordinator (AFWC) for its new Occupational Therapy Master’s Program in the School of Nursing and Health Professions. The position is a full-time 12-month appointment with teaching and administrative duties.
Academic Fieldwork Coordinator Responsibilities
The MOT academic fieldwork coordinator reports to and advises the OT program director regarding all aspects of fieldwork education, including
- Compliance with ACOTE Accreditation fieldwork requirements,
- Students’ completion of fieldwork and fieldwork outcomes,
- Collaboration with on-site fieldwork educators,
- Fieldwork contracts
- Fieldwork site visits for Level I and Level II students
The AFWC will regularly communicate fieldwork information to the program director and faculty, and participate in the programmatic review of the curriculum related to fieldwork outcomes.
Academic Fieldwork Coordinator Qualifications
The Academic Fieldwork Coordinator (AFWC) must meet Trinity’s minimum academic qualifications as well as those outlined in the Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (ACOTE) accreditation standards. Specific qualifications include:
- Earned Master’s degree in OT or a related fieldwork and initial NBCOT certification
- Licensed or licensure eligible in the District of Columbia,
- At least 3 years clinical practice as an OTR with documented expertise in one area of OT practice,
- Current knowledge of OT best practice in clinical, community and emerging practice areas, and
- Teaching experience in a university or a clinical setting. Direct experience with OT fieldwork students preferred.
Interested candidates should submit a letter of application that includes a statement of qualifications for this position, current curriculum vitae with email address, and the names of three professional references to: email@example.com
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until an appointment is made.
Trinity is dedicated to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its students, faculty, and staff. Trinity is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive community and strongly encourages all qualified individuals to apply.