Nursing Program Administrative Assistant
Trinity, a comprehensive university in Washington, DC, seeks a Nursing Program Administrative Assistant. Reporting to the Associate Dean of Nursing/Chief Nursing Officer, the nursing Administrative Assistant will assist in preparation of special reports, appointments, correspondence, data compilation and records control. The position is a full-time staff appointment. The successful candidate will possess excellent communication skills: oral and written, demonstrate the ability to use appropriate software packages, and effectively provide administrative and academic support to the Nursing Program.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Monitor of purchase orders, disbursement orders, supplies, and time worked by other staff
- Participate in the development of ad-hoc reports
- Analyze historical spending patterns and forecasts short-term needs
- Locate and compile information and formats reports, graphs, tables, records and other sources of information
- Assemble and categorizes facts and figures for written computation and calculations
- Uses various software applications, such as spreadsheets, relational databases, statistical packages, and graphics packages to assemble, manipulate, and/or format data and/or reports
- Operate personal computer to access email, electronic calendars, and other basic office support software and hardware
- Handle travel arrangements of the Chief Nursing Officer
- Coordinate maintenance, remodeling, equipment and furnishing needs and supply purchases for the Nursing Program
- Coordinate Nursing Program social functions, pinning ceremony, and graduation events
- Serve as a liaison with other departments and institutions as needed
- Collaborate with the Associate Dean of Nursing/Chief Nursing Officer in the assignment of space to faculty, staff, and students
- Maintain positive relations in the office and the Nursing Program
- Answer the telephone, screen callers, relay messages, and greet visitors
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of the nursing program office and files
- Greet guests and students in a welcoming and professional manner
- Other duties as assigned by administration
- The ideal candidate will hold at least a Bachelor’s Degree
- Must be able to sit in a normal seated position for extended periods of time, reach by extending hand(s) or arm(s) in any direction, have finger dexterity, and independent mobility.
- Must demonstrate communication skills using the spoken and written word.
- Possess the ability to see and hear within normal parameters
- Demonstrate at least three years of related experience. Additional education may be substituted for years of work experience.
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs
Interested candidates should submit a letter of application that includes a statement of qualifications for this position, current resume with email address, and the names of three professional references to: email@example.com Please reference Administrative Assistant in the subject line.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until position is filled.