Trinity, a comprehensive university in Washington, D.C, is seeking a part-time group exercise/zumba instructor for the Trinity’s Athletic Center.
General job duties: Responsible for conducting safe, effective, and enjoyable group exercise classes by providing excellent leadership, up to date quality instruction and high energy motivation.
- Must be 18 years or older and have a fitness/group exercise background
- Knowledge of, and ability to, communicate exercise physiology principles as related to a well-rounded fitness program
- Physically fit to lead classes at the appropriate level
- Maintain current certification through ACE, AFAA, ACSM, NDEITA or equivalent national certifying body
- Maintain current CPR/ AED certification
- Greet participants warmly and enthusiastically, maintain an atmosphere that motivates long term participation and member retention
- Educate participants on proper form, anatomy, contraindications and modification of moves
- Show respect and responsibility for all equipment
- Arrive on time, start and end class on time
- Teach agreed upon classes and responsible for obtaining coverage of classes if unable to attend
- Inform the Director of the Trinity Center two weeks in advance as vacation is needed
- Attend mandatory instructor and staff meetings
- Promote all Trinity Center programs to the participants when applicable
- Ability to lift 25 pounds
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com; please include the candidate’s last name and the words “Group Exercise Instructor” in the subject line.
Review of applications will continue until the position is filled.
Trinity Washington University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Access/Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its students, faculty and staff. Trinity is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive community and strongly encourages all qualified individuals to apply.