Trinity in Washington, a comprehensive university in the nation’s capital, seeks an Associate Director of Student Records and Research (Assistant Registrar), who will be part of a dynamic team in the Office of Enrollment Services. This position oversees and coordinates the daily operations involved in the maintenance of academic student records and registration for undergraduate and graduate students. This position will also serve as a contact point for faculty and staff assistance with regard to student academic records. With an emphasis on service, efficiency, and use of technology, the Associate Director of Student Records and Research will assist the Director in streamlining overall processes and services for the Student Records and Research part of the Enrollment Services Office.
The Associate Director of Student Records and Research acts as counsel to the Director, making policy recommendations and offering quality assurance plans and input that will serve to improve service levels while maintaining focus on the University’s mission. In addition, the Associate Director of Student Records and Research will carry out effective policy management by interpreting the University’s policies and procedures while maintaining a human touch and insuring the integrity of the student record.
Primary responsibilities include:
• Developing procedures for maintenance of student enrollment records, transcripts, registration procedures, implementation of academic policies, evaluation of transfer credits, and preparation of student transcripts.
• Providing training on the student information system to administrators.
• Managing the student records system to ensure a smooth response to, and efficient delivery of, routine requests for service.
• Working with Director of Enrollment Services to coordinate the production of student transcripts and the timely and accurate entry and processing of student data.
• Supporting web-based registration, the tracking of student status, the response to individual student registration issues in compliance with best industry practices and institutional policy.
• Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred.
• Proven management, communication, organizational and technology skills are paramount.
• Three to five years of progressively responsible experience in a registrar’s office.
• Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with student information systems such as Banner, PowerCampus, PeopleSoft, etc.
• Demonstrated knowledge of and prior administrative and supervisory experience in a registrar’s office, and knowledge about current trends, regulations and issues in higher education pertaining to academic records.
• Customer service experience in registrar’s office required.
• Demonstrated knowledge in transfer credit evaluation, data entry, and trends.
• Candidate must have knowledge of procedures within a college/university setting and the ability to provide student-focused services to a diverse population.
Please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org Please reference “Associate Director of Student Records and Research (Assistant Registrar)” in the subject line.
Please be prepared to present transcripts upon final interview.
Position will remain open until filled.
Trinity is a comprehensive university in Washington, D.C, enrolling undergraduate and graduate students in full time, part time, and weekend programs. We offer a beautiful campus setting and a competitive benefits package. For more information, visit our web site at www.trinitydc.edu.
Trinity Washington University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Access/Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its students, faculty and staff. Trinity is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive community and strongly encourages all qualified individuals to apply.