Trinity Washington University seeks a print specialist to support the needs of the Creative Services department. Trinity is a comprehensive university with an historic undergraduate women’s college, and three professional schools, enrolling undergraduate and graduate students in full time and part-time programs. Trinity enrolls more than 2,500 undergraduate and graduate students in all degree programs, and has more than 13,000 graduates. We offer a beautiful campus setting and a competitive benefits package.
The candidate will be a very strong graphic designer experienced in the creation and implementation of consistent, memorable visual identity across all print media. The Print Specialist is responsible for creating high-quality print publications from initial concept to final output, to include an alumnae magazine, promotional materials, advertisements in external publications, signage and more. The Print Specialist works closely with the other members of the Creative Services team on projects spanning various media—including the web, social media, and video—and occasionally works directly in these other media when required.
The ideal candidate will have:
- a bachelor’s degree in graphic design or related field and 2-3 years of professional design experience
- advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud for Windows, particularly InDesign and Photoshop
- strong creative and strategic design skills: a good sense of design for audiences of all ages, and a proven portfolio of high-quality cross-platform visuals
- print design experience including magazine layouts, annual reports, advertising and other marketing collateral
- experience working with print vendors and preparing files for print
- strong writing and editing skills
- understanding of web design and development basics
Ability to juggle competing priorities, exacting attention to detail, and excellent interpersonal skills are essential. Knowledge of photography and the use of DSLR cameras is a plus.
Interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please reference “Print Specialist” in the subject line.
Trinity is dedicated to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its students, faculty, and staff. Trinity is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive community and strongly encourages all qualified individuals to apply.