Student Activities Coordinator (Part-time)
Trinity Washington University seeks an energetic, self-motivated, and innovative Student Activities Coordinator to support the academic mission of Trinity by creating opportunities for involvement. This part-time staff position advocates for the needs of the students, their environment and the learning process through creation of welcoming and inclusive programs, celebration and admiration of diversity and the enrichment of the lives of students through quality programs. The Student Activities Coordinator provides administrative support to Dean of Students and Vice President for Student Affairs to include, but not limited to, preparing special reports, compiling data and maintaining records, assisting with the planning and implementation of events and programs, advising student organizations and overseeing student organization event and budget proposals, student organization recognition and leadership development programs for student leaders.
This is a part-time position requiring 20-25 hours per week, including regular office hours to support the business hours of the University as well as some evening and weekend coverage to support events and student organizations. This may be, but is not necessarily, a live-on position with expectations that this person will be an integral part of campus life and campus housing programming.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES (Functions and Tasks):
- Create opportunities for involvement for students
- Provide advising and guidance for Student Government Council and Student Clubs
- Create student activities calendar and manage events via Student Affairs website
- Coordinate space reservations and set up forms for student organization events and Student Affairs programs
- Oversee process for event proposals and budget requests from student organizations
- Work in collaboration with the Dean of Student Services in the planning of Student Affairs programs including Cap and Gown Weekend, Class Days, Sophomore Pin, Junior Ring, service projects and the Student Leadership Series
- Work in collaboration with the Resident Coordinators and Director of Campus Housing on targeting programming for residential students
Candidate must hold a Bachelor’s Degree, with 1-2 years’ experience in Student Activities, Residential Life or Student Affairs preferred. Currently enrolled Master’s or Doctoral candidate in Higher Education or related field preferred. Experience working with a diverse population of college women essential.
Interested candidates should submit their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org Please reference “Student Activities Coordinator” in the subject line.
Trinity is an Affirmative Action/Equal Access/Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its students, faculty and staff. Trinity is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive community and strongly encourages all qualified individuals to apply.
Position will remain open until filled.