Trinity Washington University, located in Washington, D.C., is seeking a Database Administrator. This is a full time position providing professional level technical support, administration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of the institution’s SQL database servers and supported enterprise applications. This position will facilitate the planning and support of the institution’s databases and interfaces necessary to deliver the institution’s student records and accounting applications, including identifying and implementing new technologies and business processes to improve academic/business workflows.
The Database Administrator will report to the Chief Technology Officer for daily task, project assignments and personnel needs. Primary responsibilities include:
1) Proactive and reactive management of the institution’s Microsoft SQL and MySQL database servers.
2) Providing secondary support for the institution’s student information system, Ellucian PowerCampus, and ancillary systems Microsoft Dynamics and CollegeBoard PowerFAIDS.
3) Planning, coordinating and implementing enhancements to the University’s databases and student information system, to include lifecycle upgrades, patch management, and application customizations.
4) Developing, testing and implementing system interfaces, including data feeds to centrally-managed University systems.
5) Constructing ad-hoc SQL reports for data analysis used by various academic and departmental units.
6) Ensuring the design, function and operation of all University application systems are in compliance with institutional IT policies, processes and practices.
7) Resolving end-user support requests with a high degree of customer satisfaction.
8) Maintain documentation on standard operating procedures.
9) Other job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field.
- MCITP: Database Administrator
- 1-3+ years of experience supporting and maintaining Microsoft SQL Server.
- Solid understanding of RDMS concepts, principles and systems, especially Microsoft SQL Server 2005 or 2008 administration, optimization, security, backup/restoration and stored procedures.
- Prior knowledge working with Ellucian PowerCampus, Banner, or other student information system is a plus.
- Administrative knowledge of Microsoft SQL Reporting Services (SSRS) and ability to create custom reports through construction/modification of complex T-SQL queries.
- Experience creating and altering scripts in PowerShell, AutoIt or Visual Basic is a plus.
- Must be able to recommend creative and sound solutions to requests, problems and database application deficiencies.
- Demonstrated ability to handle complex tasks independently.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Applicants must send a resume, a writing sample, and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org Please reference “Database Administrator” in the subject line.
Trinity Washington University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Access/Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its students, faculty and staff. Trinity is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive community and strongly encourages all qualified individuals to apply.