Trinity, a comprehensive university in Washington, D.C., has an immediate opening for an Academic Advisor in its School of Nursing and Health Professions. Reporting to the Dean of the School of Nursing and Health Professions, the Academic Advisor is responsible for providing comprehensive, proactive academic planning and retention services for the School of Nursing and Health Professions (NHP).
The Academic Advisor provides Trinity students the attention they require with regard to academic planning and administrative policies/procedures. The Academic Advisor must be able to work with students bringing varied backgrounds and is expected to meet the following specific functions, as well as assistance with all other advising functions as needed:
- Implement initiatives such as (a) retention efforts that ensure students remain contiguously enrolled; (b) strategic plans to ensure that students are registered in an efficient and timely manner; (c) semester and annual plans to ensure student academic success through holistic advising methods
- Conduct or assist with orientation sessions for new students
- Perform review of transfer credits
- Maintain NHP advising website
- Assist with student lead organizations and representatives
- Assist faculty in their role as advisors, including planning and delivering training workshops
- Review and ensure accuracy of graduation audits
- Communicate to students, faculty and all stakeholders in a timely manner regarding advising, registration and issues resolution
- Participate on various work groups, or professional organizational networks as needed
- Facilitate responses and resolutions to student concerns
- Assist the Dean to tabulate, analyze, and reporting retention data
- Participate in programmatic assessment
Qualified candidates will have 1-2 years of progressive academic advising experience; must possess a master’s degree; commitment to excellence in student services; insight on various advising methodologies/theories and experience working with adult learners preferred; and excellent interpersonal communication skills. Experience working with allied health disciplines preferred.
Please send cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
Indicate “Academic Advisor- NHP” in the subject line.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Trinity Washington University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Access/Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its students, faculty and staff. Trinity is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive community and strongly encourages all qualified individuals to apply.