Trinity Logo
Students  Alumnae/i  Faculty/Staff

Health & Wellness Center | Frequently Asked Questions

Immunization Frequently Asked Questions

Who is required to submit immunization information and what immunizations are required?

Any student under the age of 26 attending school in the District of Columbia is required to submit proof that they have been immunized against:

  • two vaccinations against Measles, Mumps, and Rubella (MMR), given after 1 year of age and at least 30 days apart,
  • one Diphtheria/Tetanus booster given within the past ten years,
  • two doses of Varicella (Chicken Pox) vaccine 60 days apart or titer results indicating immunity,
  • a series of three Hepatitis B immunizations administered over a 6 month period. The second dose should have been administered 30 days after dose one, and the third dose should have been administered 4 months after dose two. Students who received the Hepatitis B vaccination under a different administration schedule should provide titer results proving immunity.
  • Students residing on campus must also be immunized against Meningocccal Meningitis or sign a waiver stating that they are aware of the risks of meningitis and do not wish to be immunized against the disease.
  • Students under the age of 18 must also show proof of being vaccinated against polio.

What additional vaccines are recommended?

The Health and Wellness Center recommends that all female students receive the HPV vaccination. The Health Center also recommends that resident students, students who will be volunteering in the community, or students who have traveled abroad receive a TB test prior to coming to Trinity Washington University.

If I have my own copy of health and immunization records, is it still necessary to complete the Mandatory Immunization form?

Yes. The Mandatory Immunization Form must be submitted in its original format. You must complete the form and have it signed and stamped by a medical provider.

Is the Meningococcal (Meningitis) vaccine required?

The Meningococcal vaccine is required for all first year students living in university sponsored housing. If you do not wish to be vaccinated against meningitis you must sign a waiver stating that you are aware of the risks of meningitis.

What can I do if I cannot access my prior immunization records?

If you do not have access to your prior immunization records, you will need to have a blood test called a blood titer. A blood titer will show if you have either had the disease in the past, or have immunity based on prior vaccination. Your Primary Care Provider or our health center is able to perform blood titers. In order to attend high school your vaccine records had to be submitted. If you contact your high school they may be able to provide you with a copy of your immunizations.

What do I need to do if I wish to be exempted from receiving immunizations due to my medical history or religious beliefs?

You can be granted an exemption from the mandatory immunization requirement due to medical reasons or your religious beliefs. To be granted an exemption:

  • Provide a letter from your medical provider or religious leader stating the reason you wish to be exempted
  • Provide copies of titer results for MMR and Varicella (chicken pox)

For more information contact the Health and Wellness Center at 202-884-9615.



Getting to Campus

Directions to Campus

Parking on Campus

Campus Map

Shuttle from Metro


Campus Tours & Open Houses

Prospective students can request a campus tour by calling 800-492-6882. Learn More

Online Campus Tour

Office of Admissions

Events at Trinity

Meeting & Conference Rentals

Room Rentals

Trinity Center

Calendar of Events

Fitness Center

Brookland residents: learn about discounted memberships at the Trinity Center.

 - Current Fitness Classes

 - Facilities


CAS Programs

EDU Programs

NHP Programs

SPS Programs

BGS Programs

Academic Life


Student Life