Who is the EDU Academic Advisor?
Ben Beltran is the School of Education’s (EDU) Academic Advisor, advising all first-year EDU students. He is committed to supporting students and working with them to develop and achieve their educational goals. Born and raised in the Midwest, Ben received a B.A. in Advocacy and Social Change from Loyola University Chicago. He then attended the University of Maryland—College Park, where he earned an M.Ed in Student Affairs. As an educator, his passions include social justice education and increasing college access for underrepresented populations. All students should feel free to reach out to him with questions or to set up an appointment.
Here are a few of the things that Ben can help you with:
- Understanding the different EDU academic programs, and which is the right fit for you
- Registering for classes
- Reviewing degree requirements
- Reviewing EDU policies and procedures
- Submitting requests for transfer credits
- Connecting to campus resources
- Developing plans for academic success
firstname.lastname@example.org | 202-884-9557 | Office location: Main 395