This page will be updated regularly with new opportunities as they become available.
Archdiocese of Washington Catholic Schools Job Fair
Meet principals from 25+ Catholic elementary and secondary schools in the District of Columbia, Suburban and Southern Maryland. Bring copies of your resume.
When: Saturday, March 3, 2018, 9:00am – Noon
Where: Catholic University of America (620 Michigan Ave NE, Washington, DC 20064), Heritage Hall in Father O’Connell Hall (walking Distance from Metro: Brookland/CUA)
Internship Opportunity with Washington Literary Center (posted 12/20/17)
The Washington Literacy Center (WLC) is currently seeking one dedicated intern interested in gaining real-world experience with teaching DC youth, ages 18-25.
The intern would directly work under the Lead Program Manager for the DOES Learn & Earn Professionals in Training Program. This program is an 11-week program that runs from January 15 to March 30, Monday – Thursday from 9am-1pm. Interns must be available at least twice a week to meet eligibility requirements. Interns would be directly responsible for assisting the Lead Classroom Instructor in providing reading, math, and workforce development instruction to a cohort of 25 students.
For additional information, feel free to contact the WLC offices at 202-387-9029; ask for Darien Harris. To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line: WLC Intern Application.
Part-Time Babysitter for 2.5-Yr-Old with Development Delays in Takoma Park, MD (posted 11/02/17)
We are searching for a part-time babysitter with an interest in special education, speech therapy, and/or occupational therapy to care for our 2.5 year old with developmental delays. The sitter must be available to begin in January 2018 (although starting sooner is possible if desired). The position includes picking our son up from preschool on Mondays at 11:30am, providing lunch, putting him down for an afternoon nap, and playing with him. We would also like babysitting a second afternoon, although there is flexibility around the day(s) of the week. Although not required, this position provides opportunities for the sitter to attend OT/speech therapy sessions and to learn about the Early Start Denver Model (ESDM), which we have used to address social communication challenges. An excellent driving record, prior babysitting experience, and an interest in learning how to work with special needs children is required. Please email Jeremy.firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested.
Teaching and Non-Instructional Positions with YES Prep Public Schools in Houston, TX (posted 10/18/17)
For the last 20 years, YES Prep Public Schools has redefined what is possible in public education. With almost 13,000 college-bound students in Houston, TX, we are a system of high-performing public charter schools, proving that students from low-income communities can achieve at the highest levels. As the winner of the Broad Prize for the most Outstanding Public Charter School in the nation and Houston Business Journal’s Best Place to Work award for four consecutive years, YES Prep is not only redefining possible for our students, we are an employer of choice for extraordinary, diverse talent. We invite you to learn more about us at: www.yesprep.org/careers.
* Note – We are hiring all majors, and teaching certification is NOT required for hire. Learn more about our openings below and our teacher certification program here.
- Middle School Positions: English, Reading Intervention, Math, Math Numeracy Lab, Physical Education, Special Education, Literacy Specialist. Apply Here
- High School Positions: Algebra, Geometry, Pre-Calculus, Calculus, English, Spanish, World Geography, World History, US History, Government/Economics, Psychology, Spanish, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Environmental Science, Seminar, College Counselor. Apply Here
- Non-Instructional Positions: Operations Manager, Executive Assistant, Student Support Counselor (must be licensed), Various Coordinator positions. Apply Here *Note – these roles are constantly updating, so check back if you don’t see a role that speaks to you at this time.
Want to Learn More?
- Connect with YES Prep’s Manager of Recruitment, Channing Gaulden, to set up an informational phone call call to discuss opportunities: email@example.com
- Check out our Careers Page for more information about our hiring process and tips for applying: www.yesprep.org/careers/apply
Part-Time School Based Mental Health Position in Takoma Park, MD (posted 10/5/17)
Family Services has an exciting part-time mental health therapist position at an elementary school in Takoma Park. The school is very diverse and nestled in a progressive community. The position involves offering long term individual and family therapy, crisis intervention, and group therapy within a dedicated office within the school. The services are paid on a fee for service basis but there is compensation for outreach activities and training. This position is flexible and offers free clinical supervision for independent licensure. Email your resume to Dr. Larry Epp at firstname.lastname@example.org. Position is open immediately.