This page will be updated regularly with new opportunities as they become available.
Part-Time Babysitter for 2.5-Yr-Old with Development Delays in Takoma Park, MD (posted 11/02/17)
We are searching for a part-time babysitter with an interest in special education, speech therapy, and/or occupational therapy to care for our 2.5 year old with developmental delays. The sitter must be available to begin in January 2018 (although starting sooner is possible if desired). The position includes picking our son up from preschool on Mondays at 11:30am, providing lunch, putting him down for an afternoon nap, and playing with him. We would also like babysitting a second afternoon, although there is flexibility around the day(s) of the week. Although not required, this position provides opportunities for the sitter to attend OT/speech therapy sessions and to learn about the Early Start Denver Model (ESDM), which we have used to address social communication challenges. An excellent driving record, prior babysitting experience, and an interest in learning how to work with special needs children is required. Please email Jeremy.firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested.
Teaching and Non-Instructional Positions with YES Prep Public Schools in Houston, TX (posted 10/18/17)
For the last 20 years, YES Prep Public Schools has redefined what is possible in public education. With almost 13,000 college-bound students in Houston, TX, we are a system of high-performing public charter schools, proving that students from low-income communities can achieve at the highest levels. As the winner of the Broad Prize for the most Outstanding Public Charter School in the nation and Houston Business Journal’s Best Place to Work award for four consecutive years, YES Prep is not only redefining possible for our students, we are an employer of choice for extraordinary, diverse talent. We invite you to learn more about us at: www.yesprep.org/careers.
* Note – We are hiring all majors, and teaching certification is NOT required for hire. Learn more about our openings below and our teacher certification program here.
- Middle School Positions: English, Reading Intervention, Math, Math Numeracy Lab, Physical Education, Special Education, Literacy Specialist. Apply Here
- High School Positions: Algebra, Geometry, Pre-Calculus, Calculus, English, Spanish, World Geography, World History, US History, Government/Economics, Psychology, Spanish, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Environmental Science, Seminar, College Counselor. Apply Here
- Non-Instructional Positions: Operations Manager, Executive Assistant, Student Support Counselor (must be licensed), Various Coordinator positions. Apply Here *Note – these roles are constantly updating, so check back if you don’t see a role that speaks to you at this time.
Want to Learn More?
- Connect with YES Prep’s Manager of Recruitment, Channing Gaulden, to set up an informational phone call call to discuss opportunities: email@example.com
- Check out our Careers Page for more information about our hiring process and tips for applying: www.yesprep.org/careers/apply
Part-Time School Based Mental Health Position in Takoma Park, MD (posted 10/5/17)
Family Services has an exciting part-time mental health therapist position at an elementary school in Takoma Park. The school is very diverse and nestled in a progressive community. The position involves offering long term individual and family therapy, crisis intervention, and group therapy within a dedicated office within the school. The services are paid on a fee for service basis but there is compensation for outreach activities and training. This position is flexible and offers free clinical supervision for independent licensure. Email your resume to Dr. Larry Epp at firstname.lastname@example.org. Position is open immediately.
Paid Opportunity to Participate in Educational Counseling Video Discussions (posted 9/25/17)
This is a call for graduate students and recent graduates who are interested in participating in filmed educational discussions with top-tier university professors. These discussions will later be used as educational material in an online classroom.
We are looking for current school counseling Masters students in their 2nd year or alumni (1 year out of school is preferred). We are in need of students who studied clinically based school counseling and counselors who have worked with children. For this role play you will be participating in creative videos and group discussions focusing on different aspects of school counseling. The course emphasizes counseling skill acquisition, development, and practice and situates those skills in the context of theory introduced in other courses in the major.
Selected applicants will be compensated depending on the length of creative videos and preparation required. The typical rate is up to $300 for a half day of filming. Unless otherwise communicated, filming will take place at our studios in Arlington, VA near Courthouse Metro. We will film on October 11th, 2017 or October 12th, 2017.
Interested students should fill out the form found HERE. If you have any questions or concerns, please email email@example.com.
Full-Time Dual Language Reading Specialist (posted 9/25/17)
The Latin American Bilingual Montessori Public Charter School (LAMB) is seeking a Reading Specialist who can provide expert instruction, assessment, and leadership for LAMB’s dual language (Spanish-English) reading program.
- Reading Specialist certified with minimum of two years of teaching experience
- Experience in reading with the responsibility for the literacy performance of readers in general and struggling readers in particular
- Bilingual preferred (Spanish/English)
- Demonstrated ability to work with students from diverse backgrounds
- Montessori trained (preferred), or open to becoming familiar with Montessori philosophy and method of education
Salary is commensurate with experience. Please contact anna@lambpcs for further information.
Multiple Positions with Georgetown Day School’s Extended Day Program (posted 9/14/17)
Georgetown Day School is hiring dynamic individuals to work with our extended day program (serving PK-8th grade students)! Located just a 15 minute walk from Georgetown University’s Campus, we are currently hiring for the following positions:
- Spanish for PK-K (Mondays, 3:30-4:45)
- Homework Center Supervisor and General Team Member to support 3rd-8th grades (Monday-Friday 2:45-6:00pm except Wednesdays 1:45-6:00pm)
- Geo-Adventures Geography Class for 1st-3rd graders (Wednesdays 2:30-3:45)
- Cooking and Culture (Tuesdays and Thursdays 3:30-4:45 and Wednesdays 4:00-5:00)
- Dance (Mondays and Thursdays 3:30-4:45)
- Chess Club Assistant (Wednesdays 2:30-5:00)
- Running Club Assistant (Mondays and Tuesdays 3:30-4:45)
- Art-rithmetic Art and Math Class for PK-K (Thursdays, 3:30-4:45)
Pay for general team members and class assistants is $15-17 per hour. Pay for instructors is $50-75/class depending on experience.
Youth Development Program Consultant in Montgomery County, MD
The Goal Setting Girls Youth Development Program Consultant is an intermediate opportunity for a youth development specialist who will report to the Crittenton Director of Programs. S/he will be responsible for delivering an after-school social and emotional learning program to groups of 15 teen girls at three middle schools in Montgomery County, MD; coordinating out-of-school enrichment activities; working collaboratively and coordinating with school staff and with other nonprofits working in the same schools or communities; tracking and reporting on program progress; and supporting independent program evaluation. The Program Consultant will work 24 hours per week including Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday afternoons until 6:00pm. This consultant opportunity requires a commitment to Crittenton’s core values, a sense of humor, and the ability to create a caring and safe environment for program participants while maintaining professional boundaries, to multi-task in a fast paced environment, to take initiative, and to be both flexible and persistent. Hourly rate will be negotiated, based upon experience and qualifications.
Ideal candidate has experience delivering positive youth development programs in Montgomery County and/or working with Montgomery County Public Schools. Ideal candidate has demonstrated ability to recruit participants and deliver programs for adolescents in group settings and to deliver content on social and emotional development. Bilingual in Spanish or another language widely spoken by program participants is preferred. Ideal candidate also has a Bachelor’s degree (Masters preferred) in Social Work, Education, Counseling, Public Health, or related human services field. Reliable personal transportation is required.
To apply: Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following attachments:
- Your resume,
- A cover letter that provides examples of how your past experiences demonstrate that you have the competencies that are required for the position, and
- A brief, work-related writing sample
Part-time Education Positions with the National Building Museum
The National Building Museum is now hiring people for three entry-level part-time education positions for the upcoming school year (September-June). More information about how to apply and full job postings can be found at https://www.nbm.org/jobs
Museum Teachers primarily teach weekday field trip programs to school groups grades PreK-12, and sometimes help at family events on the weekends. This position is a great fit for enthusiastic and flexible individuals with great communication skills who enjoy working with children and teachers in a Museum setting.
Birthday Party Teacher
Birthday Party Teachers facilitate our popular children’s birthday party programs on the weekends. This position is a great fit for enthusiastic individuals with weekend availability, great customer service skills, and a love of working with children.
Design Apprenticeship Program Project Assistant
The Project Assistant supports the Design Apprenticeship Program, the Museum’s design build program for youth ages 13 – 18. This position is a great fit for enthusiastic and flexible individuals with great communication skills who enjoy working with high school students and adults on projects from conception to construction.