Trinity Logo
Students  Alumnae/i  Faculty/Staff
Disability Services | Accommodations for Standardized Tests

Accommodations for Standardized Tests

Students who are approved for testing accommodations in their academic courses are encouraged to seek similar accommodations when taking  standardized tests for professional certification and postsecondary school admissions. Your academic advisor can assist you with determining whether you need and/or should take any of these tests for your field of study.

Standardized tests are administered by different companies who have their own separate guidelines for requesting testing accommodations. Some may require you to have information sent from Disability Support Services (DSS) while others may warrant entirely new disability documentation. It is important to begin the approval process well in advance of your intended testing date. Below are links to accommodation webpages for some common standardized tests with information packets in PDF when available:

Professional Certification Tests

Post-Secondary School Entrance Tests


Professional Certification Tests

Educational Testing Services – Administers The Praxis Series for Teachers (PRAXIS)

National Council of State Boards of Nursing– Administers National Council Licensure Examinations for Nursing (NCLEX-RN/PN)

  •    Requirements for NCLEX accommodations vary by state. Contact your local Board of Nursing for details: DC, MD, VA


Post-Secondary School Entrance Tests

Educational Testing Services – Administers Graduate Record Exam (GRE)

Graduate Management Admissions Council – Administers Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT)

Law School Admission Council – Administers Law School Admission Test (LSAT)

Pearson Education – Administers Miller Analogies Test (MAT)

Association of American Medical Colleges – Administers Medical College Admissions Test (MCAT)

Assessment Technologies Institute– Administers Test of Essential Academic Skills for Healthcare (TEAS)

  •    TEAS accommodations are requested through DSS. Students must be already registered with DSS and approved  for testing accommodations in their academic courses.

For more information, contact Disability Support Services by phone at 202-884-9358 or visit us in Main 212.



Student Services

Campus Services

About Trinity