Mellon Foundation Summer Research Award 2020
Application deadline: Submission of Application is Now Closed
Trinity’s College of Arts & Sciences has been awarded a grant from the Mellon Foundation to “build connections with critical thinking and strengthen the liberal arts.” The grant includes support for five undergraduate students to conduct research in the arts and humanities this summer. Trinity is a particularly suitable place to host these awards given our access to the rich artistic, cultural and historical resources of Washington, DC. We invite CAS students to apply for Mellon Foundation Summer Research Awards of $2,000 each. The proposal deadline was April 6, 2020.
You must meet with and work with your faculty mentor to prepare the proposal. Faculty
guidance is absolutely essential if one is to meet the high standards expected for this award. Your
proposal will include responses to the following questions:
- What is your research question? (Please define in 50 words or less)
- What is your method for investigating this question? Be sure to name the resources you
will need for this investigation. CAS is particularly interested in funding proposals that
make use of Washington, DC’s unique and rich historical, cultural and artistic resources.
(Please define in 200 words or less)
- What will you submit to communicate the results of the research project? (Please define in 50 words of less)
Responsibilities for awardee and mentor:
- Awardee and faculty mentor will agree to meet at least twice this summer to discuss the research process.
- Awardees will submit the final product by Monday, July 20, 2020
- Faculty members will evaluate the final product by Monday, August 3, 2020
- Awardees will attend a Trinity Library research presentation session.
- Awardees will present their research at the Afternoon Tea with Mellon Scholars (fall 2020).
Awardees will receive $1000 of the stipend in early July, based on the faculty mentor’s confirmation of progress on the project. Awardees will receive the other $1000 in late August, based on the faculty mentor’s acceptance of the final product.
How to Apply:
- Submit proposals to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Make sure you and your faculty mentor sign the proposal before submission
Deadline to Apply:
- Proposals were due April 6, 2020 by 5:00PM.
- All applicants were notified of award status by the Dean’s office by April 20, 2020.
For more information on future application , please contact CAS Dean Sita Rammamurti at 202-884-9262 or email email@example.com