Faculty Advising Forms and Resources
CAS General Education and Degree Requirements: Trinity students must complete the general education curriculm requirements and the courses listed to fulfill major and minor requirements. Academic advisors can provide checklists to give students a complete roadmap to successful degree completion.
- Early Alert Online Form: Faculty and instructional staff use this form to notify the Advising team of students who may need academic intervention.
The following forms are available on the Faculty Forms page of the Enrollment Services site.
- CAS Graduation Audit Form: Faculty and professional advisors audit the student’s transcript to certify that all degree requirements have been met or not met by the Registrar’s deadline listed on the Academic Calendar.
- Request for Incomplete (Undergraduate): A grade of “I” (Incomplete) is recorded only in cases judged sufficiently serious by the instructor. In all cases, the student and instructor must fill out and sign a Contract forIncomplete Form no later than the end of the final examination period, stipulating the work to be done before the grade and credit for the course will be recorded.
- Schedule Change Form: Once the student is registered, there may be the need to add or drop a course before the Course Schedule Adjustment period deadline. Use this form when a registered student wishes to add or drop a course from the current schedule.
The following forms are available on the Students Forms page of the Enrollment Services site. Please review these forms with your students when they need to use them:
- Change of Advisor Request: All arrangements for changing advisors must be made between the deadline for schedule adjustments and the week prior to registration. Freshmen are not permitted to change advisors until registration for the Spring Semester.
- Consortium Registration Request: Trinity students are offered the opportunity to enroll in courses at any of the participating cross-registration institutions of the Consortium. The student completes the form and is responsible for obtaining approval from the Academic Dean and them submitting the form to the Enrollment Services Office. The Consortium Coordinator will review the request and submit the formal request to the other institution if the request is approved.
- Course Withdrawal Form: Once the Course Schedule Adjustment period has passed, a course may not be removed from a student’s academic record for any reason, but students may still withdraw from a course at any time up to the deadline for withdrawal from all classes; exact dates are listed in the Academic Calendar.
- Examination Conflict Resolution Request: Students can resolve conflicts during the exam period (such as two exams scheduled at the same time or three exams on the same day) by filling out this form. If a conflict exists, some exams can be rescheduled to the Conflict Resolution Day at the discretion of the Enrollment Services Office.
- Leave of Absence or Complete Withdrawal Request: Students may submit a Leave of Absence for a specific amount of time or completely withdraw from Trinity. Students who submits a Complete Withdrawal and decide to return to Trinity must reapply and will abide by the application period’s academic catalog for degree completion.
- Pass/No Pass Request: Students may take a maximum of two courses in Pass/No Pass grade mode during the first 64 credits at Trinity and a maximum of two courses on a P/NP basis during the second 64 credits at Trinity. The quality of work in all classes graded P/NP must be equivalent to a “D” to receive a passing grade. A P/NP grade does not count in determining a student’s GPA. Courses taken P/NP may not count toward the fulfillment of major or minor requirements except for internships or practica.
- Petition for Schedule Adjustment (Late Add/Drop Appeal): Occasionally, due to an extenuating or unusual circumstance, it is appropriate to allow a student to make a schedule adjustment after the deadline. The student may submit a petition to add, drop or withdraw from a course if they missed a deadline because of an extenuating or unusual circumstance.
- Take Course(s) at Another Institution: There may be an instance where the semester schedule does not permit a Trinity student to register for a specific course needed to fulfill a degree requirement. This form serves as clarity for the student to know what transfer credit she can expect upon successful completion of the course indicated. The student must provide a course description to the advisor before approval is granted. The student is responsible for submitting an official transcript to Enrollment Services once the course is completed for final evaluation of the transfer credit.