Housing Selection Process
The housing selection process is a designated time frame during the spring semester, that provides current campus residents with an opportunity to choose their housing assignment for the upcoming semester. Residents will also be able to choose their roommate (if applicable) and be GUARANTEED housing for the fall semester. Residents who participate in this process will receive their fall housing assignment prior to the summer break.
***Students who do not currently reside on campus and are interested in housing for the fall semester must complete the new student Campus Housing Application.
Fall 2018 Housing Selection Process
The Fall 2018 housing selection process will begin Monday, March 26, 2018 and end Friday, April 13, 2018. The housing selection process is for current Spring 2018 residents, who plan to return to housing for the Fall 2018 semester.
The housing selection process is a three step online process. Placement is determined based upon a students class status and the date in which they submit their online housing selection application. In order to be eligible to participate in the housing selection process, students must complete the following:
- Submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by Sunday April 1, 2018
- Register for classes for the Fall 2018 semester by Friday April 13, 2018
- Complete Fall 2018 Housing Selection Application by Friday April 13, 2018
Housing Selection Timeline:
The housing selection process is for Spring 2018 residents who receive financial clearance from the Office of Enrollment Services by Friday, April 13, 2018.
- Monday, March 19, 2018 – Fall 2018 Class Registration Opened
- Monday, March 26, 2018 – Housing Selection Application Available
- Sunday, April 1, 2018 – Submit FAFSA by 11:59pm
- Tuesday, April 3, 2018 – Information Session @4pm-5pm, Main Hall 215
- Wednesday, April 4, 2018 – Hall Tours: Alumnae Hall & Kerby Hall @3:30pm-4:30pm w/ Jocelyn
- Thursday, April 5, 2018 – Hall Tours: Main Hall & Cuvilly Hall @10:00am-11:00am w/ Heidi
- Friday, April 13, 2018 – Last Day To Submit Housing Selection Application for Early Placement
- Friday, May 4, 2018 – Fall 2018 Housing Selection Assignments Emailed by 5:00pm
- Saturday, May 5, 2018 – All residence halls close for the Spring 2018 semester @noon
- Saturday, August 25, 2018 – Returning Student Check In Day @9:00am-1:00pm
Residence Hall Eligibility:
All residents must maintain a minimum 2.0 GPA and be in good academic and disciplinary standing to live in campus housing. To view housing and meal plan costs for 2018-2019, please click here.
- Alumnae Hall – Juniors and Seniors
- Cuvilly Hall – Incoming First Year and Transfers Students ONLY
- Kerby Hall – Sophomores, Juniors and Seniors
- Main Hall – Juniors, Seniors, Graduates and Non-Traditional Students
Room squatting is when an individual living in a room requests to be placed in the same room the following year.
- In order to be eligible to squat any room during the housing selection process, the squatter must currently reside in that space and must have lived in that space during the Spring 2018 semester.
- Current first year students and upperclassmen who currently reside in Cuvilly Hall are not eligible to squat, even if they currently live there. They may, however, request another space when they complete the housing selection application.
- Reminder: Cuvilly Hall will be for incoming first year and transfer students ONLY.
Alumnae Hall Rooms Offline For Fall 2018
The following rooms in Alumnae Hall will not be available to select during the housing selection process. The rooms listed below will be offline for maintenance during the Fall 2018 semester.
- 223, 224, 225, 226, 227, 228, 229, 230, 231, 232, 233, 234, 235, 236, 238
Disability Support Services:
Residents who need to request specific housing accommodations due to a medical related condition, will need to register with Disability Support Services each academic year. Once affiliated, Disability Support Services will inform the Office of Campus Housing of all residents who require specific housing accommodations based on medical documentation provided to their office.
- ALL requests for housing accommodations must be submitted to the Office of Disability Support Services for the Fall 2018 semester by Friday, April 13, 2018.
Didn’t Participate in the Housing Selection Process?
The last day to participate in the housing selection process is 11:59pm on Friday, April 13, 2018. Spring 2018 residents who do not participate in the housing selection process, but intend to return to housing for Fall 2018, will be required to reapply for housing for the Fall 2018 semester.
- These students will be required to complete a new student housing application and will be placed into spaces that are available at the time of placement which will occur in the summer. Housing requests made during after the selection process is not guaranteed.
- Placements for students who did not participate in the housing selection process will be emailed on or about August 15, 2018. Placement information will only be provided if student receives financial clearance from the Office of Enrollment Services.
Prior to Room Selection
All residents who plan to participate in the housing selection process and secure their housing for the fall semester, must do the following:
1. File the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at www.fafsa.ed.gov by April 1, 2018.
- Sign it with your PIN by April 1, 2018.
- Trinity’s school code is 001460-00.
- Don’t leave any questions blank. An incomplete FAFSA will not be processed. Use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool to complete the income sections of the FAFSA. This will reduce the likelihood that we will need additional documents to complete your application.
- Please note that at least one parent must also sign the FAFSA with his or her PIN by April 1, 2018 for dependent students.
2. Submit any other requested documents before April 1, 2018. This may include:
- Dependent or Independent Verification Worksheet
- Signed copy of your 2017 Federal Tax Return
- Signed copy of your parents’ 2017 Federal Tax Return
- Any other forms or documents requested by Enrollment Services
3. Register as a full time student for the Fall 2018 semester.
- Must register for a minimum of 12 credits to reside on campus.
- This may require for you to make contact with your academic adviser. Please plan accordingly.
4. Be in good financial and academic standing.
- You can check your financial and academic standing through Trinity Self-Service.
- You must have at least a 2.0 cumulative GPA to participate in the housing selection process.
- If your FAFSA is missing any information or if you have not submitted any items requested by Enrollment Services, you will not be able to participate in the housing selection process. The FAFSA is due April 1st however you may begin filing immediately.
Prior To Fall 2018 Check-In Day
Returning students check in on Saturday, August 28, 2018 between 9:00am-1:00pm. In order to be cleared to move-in, residents must finalize their payment arrangements for their Fall 2018 tuition, fees and room and board charges by August 1, 2018. To do this, they must complete the following:
- Return their signed financial aid award letter to Enrollment Services by August 1, 2018.
- DC residents must submit their DC TAG/CAP and/or College Success Foundation award letters by August 1, 2018.
- All outside agency/donor payment vouchers or awards are due by August 1, 2018.
- If you are borrowing any federal loans (Stafford Loan, Perkins Loan or Parent PLUS loan) you must complete the appropriate Master Promissory Note and Entrance Counseling sessions online.
- You must pay the balance due on your Fall 2018 student account (less financial aid) by August 1, 2018 or you must set up a payment plan online through e-Cashier and make the first payment by August 1, 2018.
- Your parent may apply and be approved for a Parent PLUS loan for your balance by August 1, 2018.
Residents who do not complete the steps outlined above by August 1, 2018, will have their room assignment and meal plan cancelled. They may request a new room assignment by completing a new student housing application on-line once cleared. Housing requests will be considered based on room availability but are not guaranteed.