Check Out Procedures & Deadlines
All Trinity residence halls close for Winter Break at 12:00pm (noon) on Saturday December 17th.
- Residents are expected to move out within 24 hours of their final exam (or by 12:00 noon pm on December 17th, whichever is sooner).
- There is no re-entry into Residence Halls over Winter Break
- Residence re-open for the Spring semester on Saturday January 14th from 9am – 2pm.
All Trinity residence halls close for Summer at 12:00pm (noon) on Saturday May 6th, 2017
- Residents who are not graduating are expected to move out within 24 hours of their final exam (or by 12:00pm (noon) on May 6th, whichever is sooner).
- Residents who have a consortium class, term 2 class, or another academic program requirement past May 8th, you must contact Campus Housing in writing to CampusHousing@Trinitydc.edu to request an extension in your housing. No extensions will be granted past Saturday May 21st at 5:00pm.
- Residents who are graduating will be required to move out by 12:00pm (noon) on Saturday, May 21st, 2017 by 5:00pm.
Students must sign-up for a checkout time with a Resident Coordinator.
A Resident Coordinator will meet you at your room at the scheduled check out time to complete the room condition report. Students are required to return their room to the same condition it was in when they moved in (including cleaning their room and/or moving furniture back to original positions).
Students will be assessed charges for any cleaning and/or repair of damages required. Students who are assessed cleaning and/or damage charges will be contacted via their Trinity email during the summer to provide them with the amount and description. Students will have a deadline, communicated in the email, before which they may submit any appeals. Students are responsible for checking their Trinity email and/or forwarding their mail to an account that they do check over the summer.
Please note that students who do not return their keys and/or complete a check out form will be charged for an improper check out ($100). Missing keys will result in an additional $65 charge.
Any student who fails to complete their check out by their deadline will be fined $100 per day and may be charged a minimum of $500 for their belongings to be removed from campus.
Returning Cable TV Boxes
If you received a cable box from Campus Housing, you must return the box, remote, and corresponding cords to the Resident Coordinator upon checkout. Please note that the cable boxes will not work at any other location outside of Trinity Washington University. Failure to return your cable box will result in a $250 fine.
If you wish to have your mail forwarded to you over the summer or do not plan to live on-campus in the fall, please stop by the mail room in the basement of Main Hall and turn in a forwarding address. Please note that if this will be a permanent change of address, you will still need to complete an address change with the United States Postal Service.