How to Apply, Be Prepared!

Upcoming deadlines: Application for admission occurs on a rolling basis.  Candidates should apply and arrange for all credentials to be forwarded to Trinity at least six weeks prior to the semester in which they wish to enroll. Certain degree programs require the completion of specific prerequisite coursework, observation hours and/or specific exams that require pre-planning by applicants and certain degree programs offer admission only during specific times of the year, as noted below. It is always best to plan ahead!

Two professional recommendations – we recommend a professional and academic reference, if possible. Recommendations from friends, family members or colleagues will not be considered. Download our recommendation form.

Letter of Recommendation Form (Accessible Version)

Mail your application materials to:

Trinity Office of Admissions, 125 Michigan Ave NE, Washington, DC 20017

That’s it!  Once we have all of your materials we will consider you for admission to Trinity. If you have any questions, call us at 202-884-9400 or email

International Applicants: Please visit the International Applicant Admissions web page at for more details on how to apply.  Complete the supplemental form for international students and submit the form with the rest of your application if you are not currently a US citizen or permanent resident.

Non-Degree Applicants: Individuals may complete up to 6 credits of coursework without seeking a Trinity degree. If you are interested in applying as a non-degree student, please contact the Office of Admissions at or 202-884-9400 to request a non-degree application.

Readmission: Former Trinity students must request readmission to Trinity if the student was dismissed or if more than one year has elapsed since the graduate student successfully completed a semester at Trinity. In order to apply for readmission, please contact the Office of Admissions at or 202-884-9400 to request a readmission application.

U.S. citizens who have studied at foreign institutions: Applicants who are U.S. citizens who have obtained high school or college/university credit from an institution outside of the United States must submit official transcripts for an evaluation by one of the following accredited agencies:  World Education Services (, Josef Silny ( or Educational Credential Evaluators ( Please ask for a course-by-course evaluation.

Trinity Home Page