Resources for Student Organizations
Student Leader Orientation
All student club and organization leaders will be required to attend a Student Leader Orientation. The Student Leader Orientation will provide student leaders of recognized clubs and organizations with the tools and resources they need to be successful student organization leaders. We will review program and budget proposal applications, rules and regulations regarding programming, funding and expenditures. This session will also include opportunities to network and build collaborative relationships with other student leaders, advisors, and staff members.
Student Organization Leadership Development
The office of the Vice President for Student Affairs, in collaboration with the Dean of Student Services and the Assistant Dean for Student Engagement, will provide on going leadership development workshops for our student organization leaders.
- Planning Events 101 – Looking Forward
- What is Your Leadership Style?
- Effective Communication – Is Your Message Being Heard?
All Clubs and Organizations are required to submit assessments of all events that are open to all Trinity Washington University students. The deadline for form submission is 2 weeks after the event date. All assessment forms should be given to the Dean of Student Services (Main 225).
If you plan to arrange for a guest speaker or performer that requires a contract, a representative from your organization must schedule an appointment with the Dean of Student Services to determine and complete the correct set of paperwork needed for your performer. Please leave at least four to six weeks before your anticipated event date to meet with the Coordinator.
To reserve a space, certified student organizations must:
- Fill out an Events Proposal Form at least 15 business days prior to the event
- Complete and submit the Event Set up form to Conference Services at least 7 days prior to the event
- Provide information on any Technical needs (Microphones, podiums, screen, etc)
- Provide the Dean of Student Services with the reservation confirmation from Conference Services when it is received
Only student organizations that are certified by the Dean of Student Services Office – Student Activities will be allowed to reserve space on campus.
On Campus Events*
Approved on campus events, with the exception of membership meetings, must be open to all Trinity students. Events must represent the overall mission of the student organization.
Off Campus Events*
If your student organization would like to travel off campus locally, you must first submit an Events Proposal form at least 15 business days before the event. Other forms and information may be needed so please plan far enough in advance that approval can be provided in a timely manner.
*The Dean of Student Services staff reserves the right to review and deny any on or off-campus event sponsored by Student Organizations that do not uphold the mission of Trinity Washington University
University Food Safety & Preparation Policy & Guidelines
Student Organizations are not permitted to provide or distribute home-made food on campus at open events. All food must be pre-packaged or provided by an approved vendor. For more information on approved vendors please contact the Student Activities Coordinator. One exception to this regulation is membership meetings. Student organizations may hold potlucks or bring homemade food to meetings that are their members only.
Student Organizations are not permitted to sell tickets or charge admission to any event on campus.
Transportation and Parking for Speakers or Performers
Arrange all transportation needs including drivers and directions well in advance. If guest speakers/artists/vendors are arriving on their own, be sure to set up all necessary parking permits and validations with the Student Activities Coordinator.
- Student Organization Handbook 2013-2014
- Includes information on all requirements for student organizations.
- Event Proposal Form
- Required for ALL student organization events including membership meetings.
- Submission deadline is 15 business days before the event.
- Attendee Evaluation Form
- Required for ALL student organization events open to all Trinity Washington University students or the outside public.
- Submission deadline is two weeks after the event.
- Program Sign-in Sheet
- So that participation can be measured, this attendance form may be circulated at each program or activity held by Certified Student Organizations. This form is not required, but is encouraged for organizations’ records.