Student Clubs and Organizations
2014-2015 Certified Student Organizations
In order for a prospective organization to receive official recognition from Trinity Washington University for the Fall 2014 semester a Student Organization Certification Packet must be completed and submitted to the Dean of Student Services – Student Activities office (Main 225) NO LATER THAN Friday, September 12, 2014 at 5:00pm.
2013 – 2014 Certified Student Organizations
- African Student Union
- Business and Economics
- Communication Club
- Community Service and Philanthropy Organization
- Criminal Justice Club
- Hearts n Crafts Club
- Ladies F.I.R.S.T (Ladies Fierce in Research, Science, and Technology)
- Model United Nations
- Muslim Student Association
- Spirit and Cheer
- Step Sisters
- Women on a Mission
- The Women’s Student Action Coalition
For more information about getting involved in any of the above organizations, please contact the Student Activities at 202-884-9611.
Organization Certification Process
In order for a prospective organization to receive official recognition from Trinity Washington University for the Fall 2014 semester; the following components must be fully completed and submitted to the Dean of Student Services – Student Activities office (Main 225) NO LATER THAN Friday, September 12, 2014 at 5:00pm:
- The Student Organization Certification Packet with Mission Statement and Leadership List,
- A signed and completed Student Organization Advisor/Mentor Volunteer Form,
- A Membership List, verifying that the organization has at least 10 currently enrolled Trinity students as members,
- A Programming Proposal, which includes your “Year at a Glance” document as well as an “Individual Program List”
- A copy of your organization’s Constitution.
- A 30 minute meeting with Dean Meechie Bowie or Assistant Dean Ophelia Morgan. You must schedule this meeting at least 24 hours in advance. Email Dean Meechie at BowieM@trinity.dc.edu to schedule a time that works with your schedule.
Please submit all required forms to the Dean of Student Services – Student Activities office in Main 225.
If the certification proposal is accepted, the certified and officially recognized student organization will be responsible for following all of the rules and regulations set by Trinity Washington University and Student Affairs. Our office also reserves the right to refuse University support for any program or event deemed inappropriate by the administration and staff.