The PATSY TAKEMOTO MINK EDUCATION SUPPORT AWARD & APPLICATION
In 2014, the Foundation will offer five Education Support Awards of up to $5000 each to assist low-income women with children who are pursuing education or training. Education Support Awards are disbursed in two separate installments over the academic year (one each semester), and may be used for direct school expenses or for living expenses while you are enrolled in an educational program. Awardees will be notified by phone or email. Shortly after recipient notification, the list of awardees will be posted on this site. (Please note: The Foundation will contact awardees only. We are not able to contact each applicant about the status of her application.)
- must be a woman, at least 17 years of age
- must be a mother, with minor children
- must be pursuing a vocational degree/certificate; or an associate’s degree; or a first bachelor’s degree; or a professional/master’s/doctoral degree..
- must be enrolled in a not-for-profit, accredited institution or program during the 2014-2015 academic year.
- must be low-income (annual family income less than $20,000 for a family of 2; less than $24,000 for a family of 3; less than $28,000 for a family of 4)
More info at http://www.patsyminkfoundation.org/edsupport.html