The Asian Women In Business Scholarship Fund
The Asian Women In Business Scholarship encourages and promotes exceptional Asian female students who have demonstrated scholarship, leadership, community service and/ or entrepreneurship. The AWIB Scholarship Fund awards scholarships to students who have the attributes to be our next generation of leaders.
ELIGIBILITY: Candidates for the scholarship must be female of Asian (includes those who can trace their ancestry from Bangladesh, Bhutan, Cambodia, China, India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Laos, Malaysia, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, Philippines, Pakistan, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Thailand, and Vietnam) or Pacific Islander ancestry and a U.S. citizen or permanent resident. The definition of Asian follows that provided by the U.S. Census. Candidates must also fulfill the following criteria to be considered:
- Have at least one or more of the following: a) demonstrated a leadership role in a community endeavor and/or b) a record of entrepreneurial achievement
- Enrolled full-time in an accredited four-year undergraduate institution in the U.S. at the time of application and award. Please be advised that this scholarship is for currently enrolled undergraduates who have completed at least one semester.
- Carry a minimum of 3.0 (out of 4.0) GPA at the time of application (H.S. credit/grades do not count towards this scholarship)
- Provide the most recent college transcript; semi-finalists will be required to provide their official college transcript
- Provide a minimum of one professional recommendation
- Fully complete and sign the AWIB Scholarship Application
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Additional $2,500 (for a total of $5,000) may be awarded to applicants that have fulfilled the leadership requirements and can also demonstrate financial need. To be eligible, you must submit a copy of the most current FAFSA form and the Financial Aid Award Notice from your institution for the 2014-2015 academic year.
Please note: this scholarship is competitive and the above criteria are minimum requirements to be considered for the AWIB scholarship. There are many more applicants than funds available.
For more information, please visit the AWIB Scholarship Fund at http://www.awib.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=Page.viewPage&pageId=811