P3 SOLUTION MARKETING & COMMUNICATIONS INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
P3 Solution is a women-owned marcom firm that specializes in developing inventive promotion solutions for small business and non-profits.
Position – Marketing and Communications Intern (Onsite & Telework)
Description – P3 Solution is seeking twelve dynamic, self-starters to assist marketing and communications projects. This internship is an excellent opportunity to experience various aspects of marketing and communications while gaining professional experience with various companies and organizations.
• Assist in research, planning, writing and managing communications and/or marketing plans
• Draft, distribute and pitch news releases, media alerts and other stories
• Designing flyers, graphics, e-vites and other marketing materials for campaigns
• Collaborating with a team an staff on new ideas for marketing and communications
• Other duties as assigned.
• Juniors, Seniors and Graduate Students with a Major in Communication, Business
(preferably a Marketing focus), and/or Graphic Design
• Previous related experience or interest in social media, marketing and/or communications preferred
• Must have a working knowledge of Word, Excel & Powerpoint. Proficiency in Adobe InDesign,
Illustrator and Photoshop and knowledge of HTML and graphic design is a plus.
• In order to telework, you must have access to a computer with Microsoft Office.
• An effective communicator, both written and oral
• Ability to communicate in a professional manner with press and community contacts
• Self-motivated, good organizational skills, detail-oriented, ability to prioritize, multi-task and
10-Week Unpaid Internship ( Onsite/Telework) – 3 Hour Meetings Every Sunday
Work Schedule – 10-15 hours per week (3 hours will include the weekly meeting)
Fall 2014 | September 13 – Nov 15 ( application deadline Sept 1)
Metropolitan DC Area
Location is TBD, however some telework and some onsite meetings will be required.
Compensation – Unpaid
How to Apply
– Submit a cover letter and resume
– Submit an official transcript and or proof of last semester’s grades
– Submit a one page essay regarding why they should be selected for the internship
Please forward packet to Sherron Washington at sherron@theP3solution.com or mail to
8639-B 16th Street , Suite 306, Silver Spring, MD 20910. Please indicate which session you want to apply for.
– Only 12 students will be selected per semester
– Interviews will be conducted immediately after application deadline has passed
– Missing two or more meetings will call for an automatic dismissal of the program
– Students cannot solicit the companies for employment (paid or unpaid) while in the program
P3 Solution is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, age, national origin, ethnic, background, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
Scope of Specific Projects
Miss District of Columbia 2015 PR Plan
The Miss District of Columbia Organization is looking for a PR plan and calendar for our volunteers to follow. There are annual events we hope to target and build engagement in addition to building better community understanding of our work. We are looking for students to create and annual calendar and tasks and procedures to gain more engagement.
Our committee will enact the plan. The current committee consists of Chair- Hope Katz Gibbs and member- Taylor Kinzler
Hope is a PR professional and will do the outreach
Taylor is a former Miss Massachusetts and will craft much of the communication.
January – Contestant Recruitment
Spring – Mr. DC Fundraiser
Summer – Miss DC Pageant
– Meet the new Miss DC
August – Charity fundraising
Early Sept – Miss America Pageant