Job Opening – Head Financial Coach (VISTA) – Capital Good Fund
The Head Financial Coach (HFC) will be in charge of our Financial Coaching program.
The other major objective is to train and manage the Financial Coaching Fellows. The program is still in the formative stages and we will rely heavily on the Head Financial Coach to build a sustainable infrastructure for the Fellowship model.
The HFC is responsible for the management of the Financial Coaching department. Tasks include but are not limited to:
– Oversee student fellows, including recruitment and training
– Schedule and follow up with clients
– Handle client concerns as they relate to FC
– Review and update Financial Coaching curriculum, as needed
– Market our products and services
– Market CGF financial coaching in order to attract more clients , most notably through presentations
– Handle all inquiries about Financial Coaching
– Conduct financial coaching sessions when needed (English or Spanish)
– Occasionally Process loan applications and meet with loan applicants
– Meet with community members as needed to support the FC program
– Maintain the sustainability of the Financial Coaching program
He or she must:
– Have an Associate’s degree or higher
– Possess excellent communication skills
– Be able to empathize with people of different backgrounds
– Thrive in a start-up environment and learn quickly.
– Be extremely outgoing, passionate about ending poverty, eager to work hard and change lives, etc.
– Fluency in Spanish
– Experience in financial services
– An understanding of credit scores/histories
– Background in economics or business
– Experience working in low-income/distressed communities
– Have a finance background
The Head Financial Coach will receive extensive training on all of CGF’s systems and loans. Additionally, the Financial Coach will be trained as needed on how to read a credit report, evaluate a business plan, etc. Lastly, the Financial Coach will shadow a current Financial Coach until he or she is comfortable with the role. The Head Financial Coach will be spending much of his or her time meeting with borrowers and clients, giving presentations, etc.
CGF provides all employees with a cell phone, bus pass and a small technology stipend.
How to Apply:
PLEASE EMAIL A PDF OF YOUR RESUME AND COVER LETTER to Kate Lyons at Kate@capitalgoodfund.org. You may also complete the application at the link below, but your submission will not be considered without an emailed resume and cover letter.
About Capital Good Fund
Capital Good is a non-profit, certified Community Development Financial Institution that takes a holistic approach to fighting poverty. Our mission is to provide financial services that build assets and create opportunity. We offer low-income families one-on-one Financial and Health Coaching, free tax preparation and consumer loans of up to $2,000.
Recognizing the endemic nature of American poverty—as well as the interlocking issues that together form barriers to eradicating it—we use financial empowerment in a holistic way to meet the needs of our clients, foster true social mobility and eliminate the wealth and opportunity gaps in our society.