School Readiness Consulting is seeking multiple part-time data collectors to assist us in our efforts to improve early childhood classroom quality in District of Columbia schools. The program quality assessment is the Classroom Assessment Scoring System (CLASS Pre-K and K-3). We are especially interested in recruiting bilingual CLASS observers with current certification.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The position includes observations two to three times a week.
- Data Collectors will work 5-hour days (approximately 15 hours per week) during the academic year, though there might be some weeks for which more or less time is required. Data collection and any associated meetings will occur between the hours of 7:30am-2:00pm.
- Attendance at monthly meetings is required.
- Attendance at CLASS training on November 11 – 12th is required.
- B.A. degree plus some coursework in early childhood care and education and classroom experience is preferred;
- We are especially interested in recruiting bilingual CLASS observers
- Punctuality, a commitment to teamwork, flexibility, and excellent communication skills are a must
- Applicants have attained reliability on CLASS
- Having your own transportation is a plus, but not required; Reliable transportation is required. Our sites are all accessible by Metro and/or by Metrobus.
- Computer and internet access are required
All observers are required to submit proof of current negative TB test, and proof of current a criminal background check prior to data collection (OK to attend training without this). Participants will be expected to log activities into SRC invoicing system and will not be reimbursed reporting hours and time spent invoicing. All observations will occur the District of Columbia.
Please send relevant experience to email@example.com. Please indicate approximately how many mornings per week (7:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.) you would be available to conduct site visits