Fall Internship – Trade and Legislative Affairs Job Listing Print View
Sandler, Travis & Rosenberg, P.A. is looking for a Fall Intern to assist the firm’s Trade and Legislative Affairs practice group. ST&R is an international trade and customs law firm concentrating in assisting clients with the movement of goods, personnel, and ideas across international borders. Our International Trade and Government Relations practice group brings together an aggressive team of Washington insiders and international strategists to promote favorable legislative outcomes, impact regulatory actions, and influence international trade policy on behalf of our clients. This is a fast-paced office and the work is very satisfying. Commuting costs will be covered.
• Research and conduct analyses of domestic and overseas markets and industries as well as the effects of actual and potential U.S. and foreign government policies, regulations and trade regimes
• Assist the President of Trade Negotiations and Legislative Affairs in preparing countries, companies and associations for negotiations with the United States on free trade agreements or other preferential programs
• Aid clients in the process of clearly representing their positions in Washington, DC.
• Monitor trade policy as it moves through the legislative and executive branches of the U.S. government.
• Provide support for the trade remedies team during anti-dumping and countervailing duties procedures
Interns will become familiar with all aspect of our practice, including free trade agreements and preferential trade program development; legislative initiatives; trade policy development; international trade dispute resolution; trade remedies; intellectual property rights; agriculture trade policy; and economic and trade affairs. We value the work of our interns and we encourage them to discover the areas of our work that are most interesting to them. With time, interns will have the freedom to develop their own projects and initiatives, while receiving guidance and training along the way.
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Travel Required:||0% of the time (approximate)|
• Currently enrolled as a student;
• Highly motivated individual with a background in international business, government or international trade;
• Well developed organizational and communication skills;
• Past government and/or overseas experience is preferred, but not necessary.