SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER
The Community Economic Development Assistance Corporation (CEDAC) is a quasi public state corporation which provides technical assistance and pre-development loans to community based nonprofit development organizations. CEDAC assists community development corporations, tenant organizations, limited equity cooperatives, and other non-profit developers to construct, rehabilitate, and acquire low and moderate income housing.
The position of Senior Project Manager is the senior development professional level at CEDAC. This position must be able to operate independently, without substantial oversight or supervision.
Its duties include:
- responsibility for advising clients during the development process;
- providing organizational development services to newly formed developers;
- managing the evaluation, approval, and disbursement processes for acquisition and pre-development loans to clients; and
- securing resources to assure the successful completion of projects CEDAC assists.
Successful candidates shall demonstrate the prior ability to initiate and manage all phases of the real estate development process, preferably in a community based job setting.
1. Provide development technical assistance to the agency’s clients, including: initiation of project development opportunities; advice to clients in strategic thinking and planning; assistance in site acquisition and preparation of financing applications; evaluation, selection, and management of professionals in a development team.
2. Provide organizational development assistance to fledgling organizations, including: advice and guidance with regard to board development; outreach and communications to the general membership; direction and advice regarding appropriate management responsibilities and financial and administrative procedures; and overall project decision making;
3. Evaluate loan requests from borrowers; prepare analysis and recommendations for board review and action.
4. Perform internal loan and contract management functions, including monitoring of project progress and loan status; monitoring and evaluating contractor performance; and preparation of reporting documents as necessary.
5. Remain current about changes in the housing and community development industries, related to law, policy, and regulations affecting the availability of financing.
The exact mix of project and task responsibilities for this position will be negotiated, depending on the successful candidate’s skills and experience.
Minimum bachelor’s degree and seven years related experience, including progressively more responsible experience in finance and development. Ten years of experience and project management experience for a housing development organization preferred. Relevant master’s degree may be substituted for two year’s experience. Demonstrable ability in computer financial analysis is essential. Excellent written and verbal communications skills required. Ability to work as a member of a highly motivated management team is very important, as is a commitment to non-profit development.
Salary commensurate with experience, plus excellent fringe benefit package, including health, life, and disability insurance; Section 125 medical and dependent care plan; deferred compensation plan; and up to four weeks paid vacation after three years.
SEND RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO:
Community Economic Development Assistance Corporation
One Center Plaza, Suite 350
Boston, MA 02108
Attn: Sr. Project Mgr Search
Or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org