The McAuliffe for Governor Campaign is looking for motivated and organized individuals to join the 2013 Campaign team as Deputy Field Organizers. The Campaign will run a community based program that will provide ordinary people with the tools they need to lead us to a Democratic success on November 5th.
Deputy Field Organizers are responsible assisting their Field Organizer in building a political network and executing our strategy to win targeted electoral campaigns throughout the Commonwealth. Deputy Field Organizers will report to Field Organizers. This position is paid.
Job responsibilities include:
● Implementing the state field plan by completing one two voter contact and volunteer recruitment shifts per day
● Assisting the Field Organizer in recruiting and training volunteers, activists, to participate in grassroots activities such as door to door, phone banking and early voting to persuade and turn out voters the November elections;
● Coordinating with allied coalitions and the regional state field staff;
Candidates should possess a strong commitment to Democratic ideals, issues, grassroots organizing, excellent personal and verbal communication skills, and the flexibility and temperament to work in a fast paced
environment. The position offers entrepreneurial challenges with considerable opportunities for professional growth and to contribute meaningfully to the Democratic Party. Successful candidates will bring the following skills and attributes to the position:
● Political campaign experience in support of an issue, initiative, or candidate campaign;
● Goal orientation and willingness to hold self accountable;
● Willingness to relocate;
● Willingness to travel to attend trainings and events;
● Excellent personal and verbal communication skills;
● Ability to work quickly and cooperatively under pressure and meet numerical goals;
● Energetic outlook and commitment to the mission and grassroots approach to change;
● A team orientation that combines collegiality and creativity to drive and motivate others.
Send cover letter and resume to Michelle at McAuliffeDFOs@gmail.com
Please include “Deputy Field Organizer, YOUR NAME” in the subject line. Applications will be considered on a rolling
basis until the positions are filled. The McAuliffe Campaign is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, sex, age, handicap, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or veteran status.